Wedding Woes

Hello-o-o-o?

Anybody home?

It's dreary and rainy. 

I finally figured out what to get with my anniversary gift.  I got an Amazon gift card and bought a winter coat and snow pants for skiing in January.  I also ordered a new bag that's coming today.  And then a spa gift card so DH and I can get massages for our anniversary and then I had a little bit left to get a gift card to Home Goods...where I'm sure I can find something to spend money on there.  :) 

I'm annoyed with some work stuff.  I feel like I'd be less annoyed if I worked in the office...It's not all fun and no pants working from home.  ;) 

Re: Hello-o-o-o?

• I'm annoyed with some work stuff.  I feel like I'd be less annoyed if I worked in the office...It's not all fun and no pants working from home.  ;) 

I'm the exact opposite. I wish I could WFH regularly (like 1-2 days each week). I'm lucky that my employer is pretty flexible (flex hours, 9/80, can come in late/leave early for an appointment, can WFH when necessary, no max on sick time) - but I tend to be more "effective" when WFH. I'm sure it's my fault (at least in part) because I have a bunch of unofficial mentees, and tend to get pulled in to troubleshoot issues when I'm in the office.  I've been trying to get through a report for my boss and the other leaders, but I've spent the better part of the last 2 days fighting fires. 
  • Good Morning. I'm over here working hard today. What's up with that?

Sidenote: It's amazing how many parents I get complaining about their kid being lazy, don't want to do anything, failing and angry. I swear it's about three a day.

• @*Barbie*...My issue has to do with feedback and how communication is handled.  I'd have more resources to lean on in the office. I'm hoping I can discuss it soon and come to a positive solution. 

@NOLABridesmaid, that is so frustrating.  When I hear fellow parents bitching, but not changing anything...it gets a hard eyeroll from me.  
  • Hi. I am ready for the weekend and I need a ton of alcohol.

Work is a mess. I had someone leave and of course, he leaves at the worst possible time. He barely gave 2 weeks notice, but was thankfully persuaded by one of my managers to stay on just a bit longer. I then need to find coverage for him but that is damn near impossible because, guess what- we're short on people with his qualifications. In the meantime, I have a crap load of work to be done and deadlines (that I am missing) that I am scrambling to get coverage for. I thought I had a replacement, but she decided today that one of my projects is too complex so she won't do it. So now I don't have a replacement, and still all the same deadlines/backlog. The suggested solution has been- "Why doesn't PMeg go out and do the work?" Which I could do, but that requires me doing two jobs when my current role is stressful enough.

Needless to say, I am not sleeping well because my anxiety is through the roof, so now I'm just tired.

Tonight is DS's soccer practice, and I have no idea what to make for dinner because by the time we're done with soccer and I get DD, there isn't much time before it's dinnertime. And we did a lot of eating out last week so I am really loathe to picking something up.

Speaking of working from home- I am wishing I was in an office right now. Mostly because I want to strangle someone. But I feel you on feeling like you are missing out, things not being communicated clearly. I hear things second hand a lot of the time and then I have to turnaround and ask others about what is going on.
  • @*Barbie*...My issue has to do with feedback and how communication is handled.  I'd have more resources to lean on in the office. I'm hoping I can discuss it soon and come to a positive solution. 

I get it. Communication is a lot tougher with a virtual team. Good Luck!

• Dealing with a neighbor that's annoyed with us.  I told him we were doing work and if anything happened to his property we'd make it right.  I understand why he's mad about the ruts in his yard.  It's just not exactly the time to be putting seed down.  I also think it's funny coming from the guy that will mow 2' in on the back of his yard and leave the rest to grow 3' tall.  I've also seen him take the lawnmower and just cut the tops off his weeds leaving it all patchy.  He's not exactly the picture of a perfectly manicured lawn.  Note: We ARE fixing what we broke.  I understand why he's upset.

He felt the need to give me a big lesson on where our property lines are and how we've encroached on his yard and the neighbor to the north.  We did not make the flower beds on either property.  Neighbor to the north said we haven't encroached on her property.  This spring we will be sure to move the flower bed out of his yard. 

• We didn't go to Boo at the Zoo on sunday because it was cold.  So we're taking the kids to see Goosebumps tonight.  I'm excited.  The kids don't know yet.

Tomorrow the kids have an early out and then they're off Thurs and Fri for parent/teacher conferences.

I'm also frustrated with work right now.  My new client's QB accounts are a huge mess - a result of trying to do his own payroll/bookkeeping for two months.  They don't really know what they did so they don't know how to answer my questions.
  • Work is crazy. I work for 2 different departments daily. The first half of my day, I work for Vehicle Maintenance. The 2nd half of my day, I work for Maintenance Services. Thankfully they are located at the same place, just different sides of the property.

In VM, we had our 2nd auction of the year close yesterday, so the phones are ringing off the hook for people wanting to pick up their vehicles. And people just showing up to pick up vehicles without making an appointment.

In MS, my "supervisor" is driving me up the wall. She is all pissy because I'm spending just a little more time for the past 2 days at VM because of the auction. If I could move over to VM full time, I would do it in a heart beat.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards