Maryland-Baltimore

Suggestions for hair & makeup

Hi all! I am from Delaware, but our wedding is in Pasadena next May and I am at a loss for a place to look for hair/makeup in the area. I have tried Googling salons, but with little luck. I am looking for someone who offers airbrush makeup and also can provide hair styling for myself, MOH, FMIL, and flower girl. I say this because there have been a few salons that have a 4 person minimum requirement for both services, but I have 4 for hair, 3 for makeup. Any advice/suggestions on who to contact is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Re: Suggestions for hair & makeup

• I am having the same issue, except for 2 people total. You could try thumbtack though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'd recommend Arielle Lewis. She did airbrush makeup for my friend's wedding (a was a bridesmaid). She's very upbeat and fun, asks lots of questions about your personal preferences before she does your makeup, and is happy to make changes if you don't like the result. Melinda, who did our hair, did a great job, too. Everyone's hairstyles held for the entire day and night.

Arielle Lewis doesn't appear to have a minimum number of people based on the website: http://www.ariellewis.com/

If you do run into a problem with a minimum number of people, maybe consider asking your mom or your fiancé's mom if they'd like the services.
  • edited October 2015
    I forgot this thread existed until it got bumped...

I researched further, and depending on where your wedding is, it might just be best to go to a salon. Done and done.

My wedding will be at the Zoo and I've found that About Faces in Canton seems to be fairly priced, so I am planning to book an  appointment to go there the morning of if the consultation goes well, which I'm guessing it will since they're a well known salon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks for the advice :) ... I will check into Ariel Lewis. I also have found a salon in DE that will travel up to 75mi for one flat rate, so I will have to compare notes to see if I will end up paying for travel either way and how much each charges.

We will be getting ready in the hotel, mainly because the venue doesn't have a good place to do so, which is near BWI airport. I have found many salons that will travel to the hotel to provide services. The actual wedding/reception will take place at Celebrations at the Bay, which is very off the beaten path, but once you get there it's GORGEOUS! 

Thanks again for the help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards