Wedding Etiquette Forum

How do you know how many hotel rooms to block for the wedding?

The wedding is like an hour from each of our families but I'm not sure about people coming from further and with an hour drive I'm not sure if people will stay or not.

Best Answer

Answers

• I would just use your best educated guess.  When talking to the hotel about setting up a room block, see if once the rooms start filling up if you can add more.  Also make sure that they aren't going to charge you for any unused rooms.  You could probably ask them for suggestions on how many rooms you should start with.

I would also maybe try to set up some room blocks at multiple hotels that have different price points just to give your guests some options.

• We made an educated guess based on how many guests were travelling OOT. 

I would also base it on knowing your family. An hour isn't too far of a drive, but if you know your family likes to stay late or drink a lot, an hour would be an expensive cab ride. Perhaps these guests who get a hotel room.

We made blocks at 2 hotels. Neither charged us. We booked X rooms at each and if they weren't reserved by a certain date they were let go. No issues there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards