Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Ceremony only -- videography versus photography?

I already booked a photographer and am now looking to see if we can afford a videographer for just the ceremony. How much are videographers usually relative to photographers? I've seen some that cost more than our photographer who will be there for the whole day. In general, if you're just wanting video of the ceremony, will it usually cost more than photography for the whole day?

Re: Ceremony only -- videography versus photography?

• It varies widely, mostly based on what you want them to do in post production. Editing takes a lot more time, but proper equipment and skill is key when shooting. Best thing you can do is get several quotes and review their final products, and not just one wedding, but several.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We are having someone just shoot and we will do the editing.  Saved us tons of money.
  • I already booked a photographer and am now looking to see if we can afford a videographer for just the ceremony. How much are videographers usually relative to photographers? I've seen some that cost more than our photographer who will be there for the whole day. In general, if you're just wanting video of the ceremony, will it usually cost more than photography for the whole day?

They ranged where I live from $500-$3000. if we don't FaceTime with FIs grandparents, we will borrow a GoPro to tape it ourselves.
  • I would encourage you to have still photography.  Formats and technology will change over the years, but you will always be able to look at your wedding photos in your album on your anniversary.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Video is easier to pull off compared to still photos, especially if you're interested only in documenting the event.

If you can't find a videographer who fits your budget, borrow or rent a couple of video cameras and tripods. Place one camera at the back of the church (zoom in to capture the altar/stage) and another at the front of the church, either to one side or on the altar/stage facing the couple.

After the ceremony, you can leave the footage unedited or perhaps hire a local college student. Burn it to a DVD and keep a copy of the digital file in the cloud somewhere.
    Michael Gowin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards