Knottie Tech Help

Website is live without clicking Share!!!!

I was setting up a website to use for my wedding....I never clicked on "share" yet my half finished website is visible on google when my name is searched! One of my guests found it online! I never clicked share so I am very upset that my information was shared online.

I've used website creators online before such as wix.com and they will NOT allow your website to go live until you have clicked the word "publish" or "share." Save simply means you are saving your working for later.

I am very disappointed with this service. I know google indexes everything for sometime...so thanks to theknot.com I will have incorrect information online for the next 30 days or longer.

Tech....please find a way to ensure that by clicking SAVE brides understand their website will still be published..... unless you go into settings and make adjustments...I find this very sneaky and user unfriendly. Is there anyway to change this so in the future others do not have the same problem of their sites going live without their knowledge?

Re: Website is live without clicking Share!!!!

• Hi there,

I'm so sorry you've experienced this and for any confusion. Your feedback is important to us and I am going to share your thoughts with our team. If you'd like, I can make your wedding website hidden from search engine results for the time being. 

Changes you make to your wedding website will appear for members right after you make them, so Google will not show an outdated version of your site. Please note that clicking "Share" allows you to email your wedding website directly to guests; it does not publish your site. 

Again, I am so sorry and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you! 
    KH 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards