New Jersey
Options

PLEASE HELP ME!!! torn between two venues!!!

I am EXTREMELY torn in between these two venues!!!its been two weeks and I just can't decide which one I like better.

ADDISON PARK

PROS:
  • I heard food is really really good (from a lot of people)
  • cocktail hour lounge/area is really nice (High ceilings, nice crystal chandeliers, outdoor fountain) more than enough seating for people
  • within budget
  • outdoor ceremony is very nice
  • ballroom is nice
  • A little cheaper than The Palace
  • they add another hour for the viennese hour
  • offers MORE food at the Cocktail hour and Viennese hour

CONS
  • I heard that you hear the wedding going on next door, Only a thin wall separates the two ballrooms
  • TWO BRIDES that actually saw each other!!
  • cake designs are very limited
  • Uplighting is not included
  • Indoor ceremony is very plain

THE PALACE AT SOMERSET PARK

PROS:
  • the Bridal Suite is very nice!!
  • Uplighting included in the package
  • indoor  ceremony are very nice
  • you would never know another wedding is happening 
  • Brides will not get to see each other
  • cake designs are pretty much up to us
  • still within budget
CONS
  • does not offer as much food as addison in the cocktail hour and viennese hour
  • mixed reviews about the food
  • not as much tables and chairs for cocktail hour
  • a Little more $ than Addison (but considering the Uplighting is included, might be just the same in the end,) Still within budget.
  • probably would not choose to do an outdoor ceremony
Another thing that separates the two..with the Palace we would have our wedding in April (I like the indoor ceremony area better anyway..) but, with Addison, we would be able to do it in May.. I really kind of don't care..but my Fiance prefers having it in May, Nicer Weather and Addison's Outdoor ceremony area is really really nice..

I just need more reviews about the two venues!! Please help me!!

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!! torn between two venues!!!

• Options
    I know nothing about Addison Park, but i did have my wedding at the Palace and would highly recommend it! 

There was definitely enough food to go around and it all tasted amazing! Our guests loved it.
  • Options
    MnM4ever3 said:

I know nothing about Addison Park, but i did have my wedding at the Palace and would highly recommend it! 

There was definitely enough food to go around and it all tasted amazing! Our guests loved it.
    Thanks so much! Was is a 5 or 6 hour event? Did they add an extra hour for the Viennese hour? And also were you able to negotiate with them a little bit? Like what?
  • Options
    I have never been to a wedding at either, but my parents and grandparents have gone to separate weddings at the Somerset Palace and both were under impressed with the food.  I'm actually commenting in response to your 'pro' which states you'll never know another wedding is going on.  My parents actually ended up at the other wedding's cocktail hour!  Apparently they were bad as directing because they weren't the only guests that this happened to.
  • Options
    I can't speak to The Palace as I have never been there. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at Addison Park last year and it was amazing ! The bride's never saw each other. We did see the other wedding's guests in the bathroom, but that was about it.  They started at different times so I think that helped. I definitely don't remember hearing the other wedding. 

Hope this helps ! 
  • Options
    I have never been to Addison Park but I will be a Palace bride in February and I can not say enough good things about it.  I have been there before and know many people who have been married there before.  It is almost impossible to end up in someone elses cocktail hour unless you drive up to the wrong entrance.  The palace has the East house and the West house.  When you drive up, you tell the attendees which wedding you are going to and they send you to the right entrance.  The cocktail hours are on completely different sides of the building and you would have to walk through the other persons ballroom to get to the other cocktail hour, it does not really make sense.  The food is amazing there and trust me there is more than enough at the cocktail hour and Viennese hour.  I am having my ceremony there which i am obsessed with the indoor space, we are getting married in the East house with a wedding of 300 people so our ceremony is in the grand foyer in the middle.  Since we are doing that there, we are guaranteed not to have a wedding going on the other side until after our ceremony is complete.  They are very accommodating and very reasonably priced.  PM me if you have any questions!!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Sounds like both are great choices for you.  I would let the groom decide if you are torn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards