Wedding Party

Gender neutral wedding party gift ideas

My fiance and I are following the current trend of not having male groomsmen and female bridesmaids in the traditional sense. Instead, we are just having "wedding party" as we both have very close male and female friends each. Additionally, the ladies involved are not your typical ladies in the sense that they like jewelry or make-up (most of them are COVERED in tattoos). And the boys are not your traditional boys in that they aren't going to go watch the football game (I recently had one of the guys compliment the styling choice of my A-line skirt). So, basically, standard gifts won't be well received. Any ideas that you have seen work for a situation like this? 

Additional info: wedding is in Minneapolis, travel themed, age ranges from 25-35. 

Re: Gender neutral wedding party gift ideas

• My fiance and I are following the current trend of not having male groomsmen and female bridesmaids in the traditional sense. Instead, we are just having "wedding party" as we both have very close male and female friends each. Additionally, the ladies involved are not your typical ladies in the sense that they like jewelry or make-up (most of them are COVERED in tattoos). And the boys are not your traditional boys in that they aren't going to go watch the football game (I recently had one of the guys compliment the styling choice of my A-line skirt). So, basically, standard gifts won't be well received. Any ideas that you have seen work for a situation like this? 

Additional info: wedding is in Minneapolis, travel themed, age ranges from 25-35. 
    Based on your description of your WP, they all have different tastes and styles.  Make it easier on yourself, set a budget per person and just buy items for your WP members within that budget.  WP gifts do not have to be tied to the wedding in anyway.  So buy some starbucks GCs with a travel mug for your coffee lovers, some movie tickets and candy for the movie lovers, etc.  If a friend has said they always wanted a certain vintage movie poster and its within your budget?  Go get it for them!
  • Oh and they also do not have to relate to your wedding whatsoever.

• Oh and they also do not have to  SHOULD NOT relate to your wedding whatsoever.
    Shop for your friends like it is their birthday.  The presents should not be anything that is for the wedding itself, because it turns it into a prop for you, and that pretty much destroys the idea of it actually being a real gift for them.  

• Oh and they also do not have to relate to your wedding whatsoever.

idk... my tattooed bridesmaids loved that I paid for "LNIXON + H 2Gether 4Eva" ankle tattoos

• I know plenty of ladies with tattoos that like jewelry and/or make-up. Don't generalize.

Set a budget per person. Shop for them individually and without the wedding in mind. Done. Don't make this harder than it is.
    QFT. My sister has a full sleeve and has more makeup than a Sephora. 

This is not a strange situation. You should be shopping for each attendant individually anyway. The fact that they don't fit perfectly into stereotypical gender roles doesn't matter. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards