Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Timing

Hello everyone! 
So my fiance and I were thinking about taking our honeymoon a couple weeks after the wedding due to a big family trip to disney world a couple weeks before the wedding. What are your thoughts about that? would it not be as exciting? And what should we do for our wedding night? Hotel? In Town resort? Help!!!

Thank yall(:
Love is a magical thing, and no one is too old for a fairy tale.. <3

Re: Honeymoon Timing

• Hello everyone! 
    So my fiance and I were thinking about taking our honeymoon a couple weeks after the wedding due to a big family trip to disney world a couple weeks before the wedding. What are your thoughts about that? would it not be as exciting? And what should we do for our wedding night? Hotel? In Town resort? Help!!!

Thank yall(:
    You can take a honeymoon at any time, I've seen quite a few people suggest adding a few days in between the wedding and the vacation if you can to allow you and your new H to write thank yous and get everything squared away. You can choose whatever you and your FI would like to do for your wedding night.
  • A honeymoon is just a vacation.  When you plan vacations and you finally leave to go on it you are excited right?  So why would you think that going on your HM a few weeks after your wedding would make it less exciting?  

As for your wedding night, you do whatever works best for you and your FI.

• FI and I are doing our honeymoon 2 months after the wedding because of his school schedule. Honestly I like this because I think it'll give us something else to look forward to once the wedding is over. You can do whatever works best for you guys!

Night of the wedding we are staying in the hotel with everyone else, but again you have to do what works for you guys, if there's a budget issue or you just don't want to, go home. Nothing wrong with that!

• FI and I are going on our honeymoon 2 weeks after the wedding. We are doing a cruise and that is the time that the one we wanted was running. We were offered the Bridal Suite, at the hotel where the wedding is located, at a discounted rate for the night of the wedding. 

You can take your honeymoon at any time. I wanted to wait at least a week after the wedding to go on ours, so that we could get things settled after the wedding and had time to pack and such before we left. I didn't want the stress of finalizing the wedding and packing for the honeymoon at the same time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We intended to wait a week.  The plan was to use that time to get settled after the wedding, pack and not have to rush.  I would never have wanted to leave immediately after.
  • We left a week after the wedding because I had to be at work a few days during the week immediately following it.  We stayed in the hotel with the guests the night of the wedding because (a) I had paid for the suite to get ready in before the wedding anyway and (b) we were hosting a goodbye breakfast the next day in the hotel.  Even though we lived less than a mile away, it was easier to just throw on clothes and go downstairs the next morning than it would have been to get to the hotel from home before the guests started to arrive at breakfast.
  • It doesn't matter when you take your honeymoon.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We went back home on our wedding night. This way we didn't have to pack overnight bags, find an overnight dog sitter and we just pulled into the attached garage and were easily able to unload the gifts & card box. No unloading them for safety to take into room & then having to car back home. We also didn't have to worry about check out time the next morning.

And no reason you can't delay your honeymoon to a time that works better for you. I know people who delayed them because the destination they wanted to go to was better to travel to at a different time. Like a late summer/early fall wedding, might not lend itself to a carribean honeymoon at that time since it's hurricane season. Also a Fall/winter wedding doesn't lend itself to say an Alaskan vacation unless you are into winter sports.

• There is no harm in waiting a while after your wedding to take your Honeymoon!!  Just keep in mind to be eligible for the Free Honeymoon Packages that most resorts offer, you will need to travel within 3 months after your wedding to be eligible for it! 

A nice wedding night suite at a close hotel could be a great way to spend your wedding night. 

• We actually planned ours after we got married.  We decided the end of our DW wasn't a HM, so we planned something else.  Got married in March, HM in July/Aug.  I'm also a teacher, so that affected everything around the wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards