Chit Chat

Weather sites?

I know it's pretty impossible to predict the weather even a day out, things can change so suddenly, but of course I've started looking at the weather for my wedding day next Saturday. I've been using Accuweather cause I usually have good luck with it, but I checked weather.com and it was completely different (0% vs 60% chance of rain)!

Anyone have an opinion on which is better (besides "STOP CHECKING" because FI is telling me that all day lol)?

Re: Weather sites?

• Do you have any local stations that have websites? I had the best luck with those. I also used weather.com to compare to local stations and it was very accurate.

• stop checking! I remember checking 3 different apps and they were all across the board and it will just drive you crazy.
  • Do you have any local stations that have websites? I had the best luck with those. I also used weather.com to compare to local stations and it was very accurate.
    Thanks that's a great idea! And @kvruns you're so right I need to stop looking. Luckily I don't REALLY care if it ends up raining, more I just want to be prepared for it.
  • The Weather Channel is always much more accurate for me than Accuweather. I obsessed over the weather the entire month of my wedding - it was awful. I know it's so hard to stop yourself from checking it but if you can, I'd keep all eyes off the weather until you're only a couple days out.
  • I remember how hard it was to not check the weather every other day!

I agree that local weather sites are better than national ones.  
  • Try to resist checking as hard as it sounds. There isn't much you can do about the weather no matter how much you look. Do you have a rain plan already? JIC?

FWIW, I've always preferred Weather Underground (www.wunderground.com) for my forecast. All of its data is pulled from local stations. H recently bought some sort of personal weather station thing for our yard too and it sends out a signal that wunderground can "see" so we're able to check the exact conditions at our home if we want. It has a smartphone app too!

• Thanks all! I know the best advise to just to stop myself! Gonna try to stay away until Wed or Thurs and then use local weather. I've never heard of wunderground before so thanks to those who recommended it! I'll definitely check it out.

Everything is happening indoors except some pictures which can easily be moved, so it's really no big deal. I won't get all the pictures I imagined but oh well. Trying not to stress about it!
  • NOAA- weather.gov
  • Weatherunderground is my favorite. They have a nice feature that gives you the forecast but also tells you what it is like relative to the day before, which I find helpful.

They also have a nice doppler app where you can see radar.
  • I like wunderground too.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Another vote for wunderground. We call accuweather in-accuweather. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards