New Hampshire
Options

Hair/Makeup Recs in Portsmouth

Any recommendations?  Looking for both hair and makeup and am open to going to the salon or having them come to me....

Also, how much should I expect to pay for makeup?

Re: Hair/Makeup Recs in Portsmouth

• Options
    Check out the Duda Spa - I think it's on Green Street.  I used to go there for my hair and anything spa-related, and if we had our wedding in the Portsmouth area I was going to use them for hair and makeup.  They're the most reasonable that I found and if you wanted (they have the bridal package), the spa area is awesome!!  Highly recommend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Depending on how much you're willing to travel outside of Portsmouth, I LOVE Wingate Salon & Spa in Stratham.  They do great work on hair & nails, though admittedly I've never used them for makeup before - I usually see Christine for hair, and Amy Lynn for my nails.  They also have a bridal suite for everyone to get ready, and will even let you use some of the grounds for pictures.  I would 100% book them for my own wedding, but they don't travel and are too far from my venue for us to travel there and back.

http://wingatespa.com/ for their website, and if you look them up on Facebook they have some great photos showing the bridal area :)

As for prices, Wingate starts around $65 for bridal makeup, which as far as I've seen is the lower end of standard for this area.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Was a bride...now in a bridal party and just got on here for some ideas!  Want to send a BIG DITTO about the Wingate Salon and Spa.  We went there for my wedding and now heading back for my friends.  The room in the back is cute, private - nice.  Staff is great and even the food was yummy.  We had a really good experience there and I always recommend to people when I get a chance.Laughing
  • Options
    Kimberly Savage is a wonderful person to do your hair and makeup and she will travel to you. Here is a link to her facebook page so you can check her out. She is amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kimberly-Savage-Makeup-Artist-and-Hairstylist/238193122897481?sk=info
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards