Attire & Accessories Forum

Groom's attire color question

Our wedding colors are navy and yellow. Would it be strange for my FI to wear a gray suit with navy accents (like the vest/tie/pocket square combo)? Sort of like this but with a navy vest? Or is that too many colors and he should just stick with the gray and then a navy tie. 

Grey suit with navy tie and navy hankerchief.  would go well with the navy color theme:

If it makes any sort of difference I'm planning on a white dress with navy shoes as an accent.

He is planning on buying a gray suit anyway and figures this would let him not have to buy more than one new suit in the next year. He has a thing against renting something for some reason. 

Re: Groom's attire color question

• I think a navy vest, tie and pocket square to break up the gray (there seems to be a little too much gray in the pic above), but that's just my personal opinion.
  • I second the opinion on the vest, I would stick to the vest that matches the suit. We are also doing navy, the girls will be in navy and the boys will be in gray, I don't think you can go wrong with that, they are both pretty neutral.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A suit vest matches the fabric of the suit, not the tie.  Wearing a satin tuxedo vest with a suit would look very odd.  The model in your picture is dressed perfectly for a wedding.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Let your groom wear what he wants in the colors he chooses...  It will coordinate just fine!!!
  • I agree with PamBeesly. They gray vest looks mature and put together.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Honestly, I would skip the navy vest. It could just be me but colored vests scream "prom" to me... I like how the vest in the above photo matches the suit.

Hm, never thought about it being promy. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards