Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Packing my dress up

edited November 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I get married on Tuesday 1st December and we fly out from the UK on the Saturday 28th November. My store recommended that I drop my box off at some point and they will make sure my dress is packed up for me to pick up on the Friday 27th. The first time I will be able to get it out of it's box to hang up will be just under 2 days after it was packed due to the long flight time, travelling down to the airport the night before, etc etc

I don't drive and I am struggling to find a way to be at the shop on the Friday morning (we fly on the Saturday) as I have other stuff to do. They open until late on the last Tuesday night before we go and I was thinking of asking them to have it ready by then? But will 4 days be too long for it to be folded up in the box? The store said it would be best to pick it up as late as possible but as I said I am struggling for time and it would be better for me to go in on the Tuesday. I am worried about it being all creased though! But then I do have 2 and a bit days for it to hang up and the creases to drop out before the big day on the Tuesday..

Sorry for the waffle, I am just hoping for some help and thoughts on this! What did you do/planning on doing? Thanks as always :)

Re: Packing my dress up

• Options
    There are a few threads on here which mention travelling with your dress, getting it steamed on arrival etc and everyone who reported back said they'd had no problems or lasting creases. Could you contact the shop & ask for advice on what to do with your dress when you get to Las Vegas? Simply hanging up in a steamy bathroom might suffice.

For info, I didn't wear a formal gown for my wedding but wore a long chiffon dress & linen jacket. The dress was in a box at the bottom of my case, jacket on the top for the flight but transferred the jacket to a garment bag on arrival in the US. We then travelled round in a car like that, suitcase in the boot & garment bag on top for four weeks before the wedding, checked into the hotel the afternoon before the wedding & hung everything up in the closet. No problems & no creases.

p.s. Try not to worry, have a fabulous day and enjoy Las Vegas. x
  • Options
    Thank you for your help :)

They just said to leave it as long as possible. I think hanging it up for 3 days is going to be fine, the box is my hand luggage so it will be in a overhead locker. I wasn't planning on having it steamed anyway.

Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards