Maine

Coastal Critters Catering

Has anyone been to a wedding or used Coastal Critters Catering before! I have only spoken with them via email but I am so far impressed with their menu and pricing! Just looking for reveiws on the food etc! Anyone have any other reccomended midcoastal caters that are fairly affordable??

Re: Coastal Critters Catering

• edited December 2011
    what did you get for pricing with them? i haven't had a chance to shop around for a caterer yet and was wondering what i was looking at for a range... if you don't mind me asking.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_coastal-critters-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:dd50529b-ffe0-4170-97da-d187e893d661Post:2cc76366-3097-4ddb-9171-e13f3f299afa">Coastal Critters Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been to a wedding or used Coastal Critters Catering before! I have only spoken with them via email but I am so far impressed with their menu and pricing! Just looking for reveiws on the food etc! Anyone have any other reccomended midcoastal caters that are fairly affordable??
    Posted by tbrandl611[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Keep looking, they are absolutely awful. My husband wrote this review for them on wedding wire:</div><div>"<span style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;">DO NOT EVER HIRE THIS COMPANY! My wife and I decided to have the ideal Maine wedding.. on an Island off the coast of Bar Harbor. Picture perfect afternoon, a light breeze in the air, sunny but not too hot and of course, the ocean and Acadia Park mountain range as a backdrop. What could possibly go wrong?</span><span style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;"> </span></div><span style="color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">How about the catering company you hired and paid handsomely to come make your island wedding everything you have ever dreamed about being over an hour late, thus missing the water taxi you hired specifically for them and all of their gear to ensure they were able to make it on time (ironically enough) all of which paid for by you. </span>
    <span style="color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">As if that weren't enough, now picture the hired professionals forgetting a lighter to ignite the grill (which again, you had to provide) and a potato masher for the mashed potatoes you ordered.</span>

<span style="color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">Oh wait, lets not forget professionalism... no sooner do they arrive (finally), they are cracking open bottles of beer out of your coolers and smoking whilst preparing you and your guests' food. </span>

<span style="color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">It is now time to eat (over 2.5 hours later than planned). The food is so/so, the service is, well, no existent, and the guests are famished and completely intoxicated after waiting as patiently as possible for their dinner. </span>

<span style="color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">BUT, the fun doesn't end there! Now its time for the reception to officially begin (at 8:30pm... the ceremony ended at 2:30pm). What comes next? Dessert? The cutting of your cake? Not as far as these "professionals" are concerned. For them, its time to celebrate a job well done... by cracking open a few more of your beverages and lighting up another round of cigarettes. Why would the "caterers" be expected to clear the buffet style dinner trays, pack-up and place the left over food in a refrigerator (as you have specifically, contractually pre-arranged) or place the dessert trays your mother and new mother-in-law have already laid out? That is clearly YOUR responsibility, or at least it was in Coastal Critters' eyes.</span>

<span style="color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">If you are hoping to have the wedding of your dreams, truly the best day of your lives.. DO NOT, and I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER COASTAL CRITTERS. </span>

<span style="color:#222222;font-family:tahoma, arial;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;line-height:16px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;">P.S. it is currently 7/27/12, I have still not received a refund or even been offered a formal apology from the owner of this company."</span>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards