December 2016 Weddings

Getting to know you

I've noticed a few more posters on the main boards with December weddings so I figured let's start a GTKY post, so people can join in at any time:).

1.  How did you and your FI meet?
2.  How old are each of you?
3.  What do you guys do??
4.  Why December?
5.  Where do you live (ish if you don't want to be specific)
6.  Just for fun:  name one bucket item list!

1.  FI and I met on "the sleezy, free dating website" Plenty of Fish.  We emailed back and forth for about a month before meeting in person, and thanks to some mutually buzzed emails were very blunt and honest with each other haha.

2.  I'm 35 and he's 33.  We'll be 36 and 35 come wedding time.

3.  I'm in industrial sales and he's a high school social studies teacher

4.  I always wanted a winter wedding and his school schedule doesn't allow much time off except for December.  Plus we met on the 14th, and our date is the 17th so I like that.

5.  We're metro-Detroiters, but we're close to Ann Arbor too (Hail Hail!)

6.  I must visit Greece someday!  I have wanted to since i was 20!

Re: Getting to know you

• 1.  On the rebound, I started going out with friends more often. One Wednesday night, I was playing pool at a bar after learning to line dance, when I saw a sad looking young man sitting at the bar by himself. He looked exactly how I felt. I saw him go outside a few times and figured out he was a smoker, so I went outside and bummed a cigarette from a friend. I don't smoke, by the way. I started a guessing game, saw him look over, invited him in. When we went inside, I introduced myself. He asked me to dance. Later in the night, I said goodbye to him and he told me he'd be there that weekend. I made sure to come that weekend. I asked him if he remembered my name (NO one remembers my name after a brief meeting), and used that as an excuse to program my number in his phone. A few days later, he asked me out on a date. Two years and a about a week later, he proposed.
    2.  We are both 26 and will both be 27 when we get married. He's four and a half months younger than I am, and we tease each other about that.
    3.  When we met, we were both active duty. He's still in, but will be getting out before we wed. He'll be a student and a part-time something (he wants to work at Gamestop while going to college). I'm a student and freelance PR person/photographer.
    4.  So many reasons... His idea was to have it after Christmas so we had an excuse not to spend more than five days with my family after Christmas (joking). I love winter. I think there's something very whimsical about snow. December worked best for everyone we are close to (student friends in school, military friends who can get leave around then, family who will be up in the area we want to marry for Christmas anyway).
    5.  We live in North Carolina, but that might change next summer.
    6.  Skydiving! I'm terrified of heights, though.

• veeteeaveeteea member
    First Comment
    edited November 2015
    1.  How did you and your FI meet? It's actually kind of weird; he was the boyfriend of my brother's ex-girlfriend. I was just starting university, he and she were both in third year, and she was the only person I even slightly knew there. We still got on okay, so the two of us used to hang out a lot, and as soon as I met FI, we hit it off. He broke up with her within days of meeting me, and we started dating a couple of months later. It was crazy, but even at 18 and 20, we both just kind of knew.
    2.  How old are each of you? I'm 25, he's 27.
    3.  What do you guys do? I'm an architect, FI's a university archivist.
    4.  Why December? December is pretty much the only like all of our VIPs could make it, plus, I've always wanted a winter wedding.
    5.  Where do you live (ish if you don't want to be specific) Italy
    6.  Just for fun:  name one bucket item list! Deep sea diving! 
  • I'm new to the Knot Community.. figured I'd start here! :)

1. How did you and your FI meet?
    --Haha, we met on Tinder. FI likes to say he has a "100% success rate" on Tinder, as I was the only Tinder match he went out on a date with.

2. How old are each of you?
    -- Both 28

3. What do you guys do??
    --I'm a paralegal, he's an attorney (though we don't work together).

4. Why December?
    -- I love Christmas and winter... and I HATE the heat.

5. Where do you live (ish if you don't want to be specific)
    -- PA

6. Just for fun: name one bucket item list!
    -- Travel the world for a handful of months. FI and I plan on doing it when we retire.
  • I'm new to the Knot Community.. figured I'd start here! :) 1. How did you and your FI meet? --Haha, we met on Tinder. FI likes to say he has a "100% success rate" on Tinder, as I was the only Tinder match he went out on a date with. 2. How old are each of you? -- Both 28 3. What do you guys do?? --I'm a paralegal, he's an attorney (though we don't work together). 4. Why December? -- I love Christmas and winter... and I HATE the heat. 5. Where do you live (ish if you don't want to be specific) -- PA 6. Just for fun: name one bucket item list! -- Travel the world for a handful of months. FI and I plan on doing it when we retire.
    Welcome, make sure you lurk the main boards, you'll learn a lot and get a feel for the lay of the land.  Change your username and stay a while so we know who you are:).  All of the knottie####'s get confusing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards