Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Has anyone bought tutus for bridesmaids?

I'm thinking it might be creative, pretty, less expensive, and simpler to do bridesmaid tutus instead of dresses.

Has anybody tried this or bought any?

I'm leery of buying online, but I don't know which stores sell them?

Thanks!

Re: Has anyone bought tutus for bridesmaids?

• Options
    Gross. Please don't. I'm an adult. I don't want to play dress up in a costume, and certainly not cheap ones. Just. Pick. A. Dress. From. A. Normal. Store. How is that not simple?
  • Options
    I'm thinking it might be creative, pretty, less expensive, and simpler to do bridesmaid tutus instead of dresses.

Has anybody tried this or bought any?

I'm leery of buying online, but I don't know which stores sell them?

Thanks!
    I'm going to be honest, this made me cringe when I read it.  I would just pick a color, give your girls paint chips, and ask them to buy x length dress in that color (you can even specify a fabric if you want).  Done. 

• Options
    Ugh!  If I were your bridesmaid, I'd quit over this!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Please don't!! I agree with PP. Just let them pick a dress on their own or wear something they already have. I'm having horrible images of scary ballerina like bridesmaids.
  • Options
    I wore tutus, onstage, as a ballerina. This is one of the only times that they should be worn the others are either cosplaying or Hallowe'en. Notice weddings aren't on this list, don't infantilise your friends.
  • Options
    I wore tutus, onstage, as a ballerina. This is one of the only times that they should be worn the others are either cosplaying or Hallowe'en. Notice weddings aren't on this list, don't infantilise your friends.
    Another ballerina here. No tutus. Pick a color if you don't want to pick a dress.
  • Options
    Don't make your BMs wear tutus.  Seriously.  Don't.

• Options
    Please do not do this to your bridesmaids. 
  • Options
    Ewww... yeah, this sounds like a great way to have zero bridesmaids.  Even if you were my best friend, I'd either try to talk you out of this idea or I'd decline the bridesmaid position. Sorry, not sorry.

• Options
    Agreed. Your bridesmaids (and probably wedding guests) would talk about this forever, and not in a good way. I'd be horrified if I had to wear a tutu as a bridesmaid.
  • Options

OP, are you talking like this type of tutu

Or like a tulle skirt?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    I googled "bridesmaids in tutus" and found a lot of what @ShesSoColdposted - the second picture. So I'm thinking that's what the OP is referring to, or at least that's what I'm hoping.
  • Options
    I googled "bridesmaids in tutus" and found a lot of what @ShesSoColdposted - the second picture. So I'm thinking that's what the OP is referring to, or at least that's what I'm hoping.
    IMO still not good. That's not going to be very flattering on most women.
  • Options
    Heaven help us if this is a new trend.  I commented on a thread just a few weeks ago about a poster looking for tulle skirts as well.  She swore all her BM's were on board. 

It is by far an unforgiving look for just about everyone.
  • Options
    This was what first popped into my head

• Options
    MobKaz said:

Heaven help us if this is a new trend.  I commented on a thread just a few weeks ago about a poster looking for tulle skirts as well.  She swore all her BM's were on board. 

It is by far an unforgiving look for just about everyone.

When trying on BM dresses for a wedding many, many years ago, shockingly, only I was the only one in the group to pull off the tulle dresses and the bride kept saying I should have brought my pointe shoes.
  • Options
    IMO still not good. That's not going to be very flattering on most women.
    Maybe not but we have no idea what her bridesmaids look like or if they even like the idea. OP needs to come back and give us more info, but that seems unlikely at this point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards