New Jersey

NYE wedding or Friday after Thanksgiving wedding

yanyan2691yanyan2691 member
Name Dropper First Comment
edited November 2015 in New Jersey
Anyone had or is having their wedding on NYE or Black Friday?  Please share your experiences, pros and cons. Thanks!!

NYE is is a little more expensive (still cheaper than doing a saturday in the spring or fall) and my fiancé and I think it'll be so much fun! 12/31/2017 (sunday)
Black Friday wedding is less expensive, but less chance of getting a snow storm. 

another option for us is May 18, 2018-- another friday, but seems to far away!! We chose the venue, but we just can't decide about the dates

Re: NYE wedding or Friday after Thanksgiving wedding

• I am not a huge fan of weddings on holidays, but if I had to choose between NYE and Black Friday, I think I would prefer NYE.  IMO people are sometimes away for thanksgiving weekend or just really full after thanksgiving and want to relax all day, but that's me lol.  If I had to choose to go to a wedding on either, I would prefer NYE.  
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    Unless you were a close family or friend, I'd decline. I'm not a fan of weddings on holidays (or holiday weekends) - we often travel then or have our own traditions.  And if you have a NYE wedding, I think it needs to be stepped up due to the nature of the holiday.....it should be a kick ass party with plenty of food, drinks and music all night long (going past midnight!).
  • Definitely agree with @JoanE2012 , if you have a NYE party, it should be an amazing party!  Play off the theme of NYE!
  • I always thought it would be fun to attend a wedding on NYE. This year we have a wedding the Saturday after Thanksgiving. 

I'm totally fine with each, assuming I didn't have to travel. If I had to buy plane tickets around Thanksgiving, that would suck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards