Wedding Woes
Options

Random Work Whine

I am not one of those people who take PTO and just never use it. I take vacations, I use it when the kids are sick. However, for the second year in a row I have completely misjudged how much time I have left.

I thought the system made a mistake and was showing that I had more time left than I really did. Except it didn't, and now with a little less than 2 months of the year left I have 8 1/2 days of PTO left. I can only carry 5 days so I need to take off at least 3 1/2 days. And everyone has already taken their days, so I have to figure out how to take my days without impacting our coverage.

This also means that I'm rolling over 5 days into 2016 and next year I hit 5 years (PTO accrual bump up) and I'm a manager (more days anyways). So I'll have something like 5 weeks to take off, and I have no idea how I'm going to. I have days off semi-planned, but taking more than a week off is tough with my job. To top it off, I'm also going to do the compressed work week which means that every other week I get a 1/2 day so it's not like I can just take random Fridays off to use up that time.

First world problems.

Re: Random Work Whine

• Options
    Does your company allow you to sell PTO?
  • Options
    No. No gifting/donating or selling. I checked in the handbook to see if that was an option.
  • Options
    I understand where you're coming from - I seem like I carry over the max 5 days every year. We're very fortunate that we have the 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off), and our management is very flexible with schedule/WFH for people who don't abuse it, and sick time is basically unlimited (within reason). I technically *could* use it this year, and take off Dec 8-end of year, (I'm already planning to take off 9-14 for a trip and the last 2 weeks) but we have a long trip planned for Feb, so I can use the carryover for that. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards