Wedding Woes

Happy Thursday

I'm in disbelief that TG is next week.  It doesn't seem possible.

Everyone is omgwtfbbq at the snowstorm we are going to get tomorrow evening/saturday morning.  All of a sudden we are supposed to expect 4-8 inches.  Not cool.

I'm procrastinating putting the poly on my sofa table.  I have never done it and DH stressed NO BUBBLES last night so I'm thinking this is something I could mess up.

Re: Happy Thursday

• I just spent $160 at Giant and walked out with a bottle of cheap bourbon and a box of crackers and gift cards.  They have a spend $100 get a $10 coupon.

I asked M2 what we should get DH for Christmas and she said beer.  Sounds about right.

I made turkey stock yesterday so now I have to freeze it.  I also desperately need to clean today.  I had been putting it off because construction, but with step-sister's declining health I have no idea when they'll start back here.

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015
    It's official:  DS has eczema.  Mild, by eczema standards, so that's something.  When we arrived at the pedi's office, there was a sign on the door saying they had injectable flu vaccine AND Flu Mist.  So I asked the nurse when we checked in, and she said their Flu Mist shipment arrived at 1:00 yesterday afternoon.  W00t!  Timing is everything--both kids are vaccinated, no one was jabbed. 

Since I picked up the kids early, we made an afternoon of it and got froyo and took DS for a haircut afterward.  Now his head is ready for Thanksgiving.  I need to start packing for next week.

S/O DS, the older he gets, the feistier he becomes.  In the beginning, he was my chill little guy.  Now the ginger is kicking in, and he will call anyone out over anything.  He tripped over one of DD's shoes and went off on it:  "Not nice, sister shoe!  I don't like it!  Bad shoe!"  He is the first one to rat the cat out for jumping up on the counter, DD for not staying on her side of the car, you name it.  DD has a strong personality, to say the least, so I used to be worried about her running roughshod over him.  Not anymore.
  • Ugghhhhhhh this week needs to end. For whatever reason, last night I woke up at 3:30 am and was just done sleeping. Which sucks and I'm sure come 2 pm I will be dragging and by the time 7 pm hits my patience with the kids will be low.

I was in a grumpy mood yesterday, and it's carrying over today. It doesn't help that DH pulled some dickery that is making me irritated. It's going to be wine time tonight.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2015
    @Heffalump, DefConn's also a feisty beast. He takes shit from no one, especially the kiddo. Ugh. TG. I am so not ready. DH and I have a lot to do this weekend to prep. I keep procrastinating on making my Costco list. DefConn keeps asking when winter is going to be here. He is looking forward to it more than all the GoT characters combined. If DH told me not to fuck something up, I'd tell him to it himself. Too much pressure. There'd definitely be bubbles. ;) I had shellac on my nails and it's been a bitch to get it off. I should have never started picking at it. Sorry, no paragraphs in this mode. Lame.
  • Since TG is just us and my parents, and my mother has no fucks left to give, we purchase most of it, make 1-2 dishes, and call it a day.  It's nice.

I'm in a weird headspace.  I'm not trying to vagueknot, as it were, it's just weird.  I keep kind of stepping outside myself, looking at my life, and thinking, "WTF?!"  Perhaps this is my midlife crisis?  

I'm so ready for Friday.  And then the short week.
  • Thank goodness @mrs.conn23 tagged me, because I can't start a new post right now.

Family dramz:  my mom just texted me that my brother and his GF broke up this morning.  Did not see that coming.  The last I heard, she was tagging him in lame FB shares ("If you love someone, let them sleep.  lol") and he was hoping her crazy cousins didn't show up at her parents' house for Thanksgiving.  I mean, they just bought a place, they moved in like three months ago.

My mom said his text said "The whole living situation just isn't working for me.  I'm not happy."  We had no idea.  I texted him and he said he's not great, but he'll survive.  Damn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards