Chit Chat
Options

I need to hear something good tonight

A couple of family friends passed away today in a series of completely unrelated events. One of my close friends had surgery to remove a cyst that is now being tested for cancer. I watch the news and there is nothing but sad, bad news.

Please, ladies. I'd love to hear some stories reminding me that there is good left in the world.

Re: I need to hear something good tonight

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    I'm sorry for your losses and heartache.    

I do not have any  personal feel good stories right now.   Life is good right now.  Nothing earth shattering, just normal and good.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I am so glad to hear that @lyndausvi. Sometimes those normal, good times are the best times :)

• Options
    i agree.  

DH is semi-off until next tuesday (only working a few hours a day).   So we are just enjoying hanging out together.  Lunch, dinner, watching stupid stuff on TV.  

After t-day he works Thursday - Sunday. Then skis 5 days a week on top of that.    I'm taking advantage of this time and then the time during the winter before his 15 hour/100 days in row stuff he does in the summer.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!

I guess the good thing going on for me right now is that we are having "friendsgiving" potluck tonight and I can't wait to see everyone. I make chicken pies so I got them ready last night, all I need to do is put the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust and roll out the top pie crust and cover and cook.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My good news is that I get to see my crazy adorable nephew this weekend for his baptism (I haven't seen him since Labor Day). I'll PM you a pic of him to brighten your day.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sorry for your losses.

Yes, the news is terrible. Some people's responses to tragedy and destitution are heartless and selfish. But there are more good people in the world than bad people.

I have been looking forward to today all week. I've been busy with care giving for elderly parents, taking H to radiation treatments and  bunch of other odds and ends. My life changes every time my phone rings. But Today, I will be home ALONE for six hours. Yey. I'm not answering my phone. The house is a mess, the laundry is backed up and I need to clean up for Thanksgiving. But good news is that I have time to do it. 

• Options
    May not be what you're looking for, but still a cute happening from work yesterday. We went to check on the boat and decided to go to a local restaurant down the street from the firehouse for dinner. There was a little boy who kept looking over at our table and he eventually came over with his dad. He was really quiet and shy, but he handed one of the guys a piece of paper that he drew a picture on and said "I always wanted to meet a fireman." We finished eating and the lieutenant walked over to the table and told the boy to come with us. We took him out to the fire truck and showed him all the cool things it does and let him honk the horn and turn the sirens on. His picture is hanging in the back of the fire engine. We ended up getting sent out on a call as a secondary, but his parents are going to bring him by the firehouse soon to visit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. Right before our wedding our hamster died. He was two and the greatest little man we loved him like crazy. So after we got back from our honeymoon we adopted 2 dwarf chinese hamsters. These two little guys are the funniest and sweetest hamsters ever. Anyways yesterday One was sleeping in a tube in their cage and the other one was running. Then I look over a couple of minutes later and the second hamster decided to go squish in the tube with his brother. Here's a picture of them. Hope it cheers you up, these little guys always cheer me up! They love each other so much it's adorable to watch them interact.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the support and stories :) you each brightened my day more than you will ever know!!

@ericasm0703 that story gave me chills! I love it!

• Options
    @marriedhamstermom I used to have Chinese dwarf hamsters! It is crazy how smart they are and how much personality they have. Love the picture :)

• Options
    Sorry about your losses.  Two of my good friends have a parent who is terminal and a coworker of mine is as well.  The same week, two of my (young) cousins entered the world of remission.  The world can be cruel, bittersweet, and rewarding at the same time.

My feel good story for you is about FI's grandparents who we fly out to spend Thanksgiving with on Tuesday.  They've been married 65 years and they are literally the little old couple everyone wants to be.  They hold hands everywhere they go, she stops him when he's about to say something inappropriate and he still calls her his "bride."  They were interviewed by the local news station for their anniversary and this is what he had to say:  

“I loved her from the first time I saw her.  She has the prettiest smile, and her eyes, and of course, she had a good figure! Might as well tell you all!”  <3
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten ah! I have tears in my eyes!! That is the sweetest. Thank you so much for sharing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards