Chit Chat

Shut up and take my money

If this stuff is as easy to use as the description, then I definitely want it. Would you buy it, or get on the wait list?

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/join-the-wait-list-for-nails-incs-spray-on-nail-232114019.html

What is something else you would throw your money at?

Re: Shut up and take my money

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    That looks awesome.  I am WAY to lazy to paint the old fashioned way.  I think I may join the wait list with you.  Now, spray on no-chip..... Where are you at? Probably looking at year 2035, huh?

eta: to answer your question, I am seriously thinking of throwing my money at the roomba.  I hate vacuuming.  Again, with the laziness. 

• nope.  But I rarely polish my nails anyway.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • That looks awesome.  I am WAY to lazy to paint the old fashioned way.  I think I may join the wait list with you.  Now, spray on no-chip..... Where are you at? Probably looking at year 2035, huh?

eta: to answer your question, I am seriously thinking of throwing my money at the roomba.  I hate vacuuming.  Again, with the laziness. 
    Not a bad thing to throw money at.  We got a Neato vacuum last christmas and it is the best thing ever.  FYI, Neato has better reviews and cheaper price than Roomba. We have 2 dogs and it works great at picking up after them and all their fur.

For the nail polish, I'm hesitant.  The concept seems awesome.  But, I worry about how easy/difficult it may be to wash off from around nails.  And if it's easy to wash off, what does that say about the staying power on your nails?  I'll wait and see how reviews turn out on them.

• lyndausvi said:
    How about some lights?

HAHAHA!

• That looks awesome.  I am WAY to lazy to paint the old fashioned way.  I think I may join the wait list with you.  Now, spray on no-chip..... Where are you at? Probably looking at year 2035, huh?

Not a bad thing to throw money at.  We got a Neato vacuum last christmas and it is the best thing ever.  FYI, Neato has better reviews and cheaper price than Roomba. We have 2 dogs and it works great at picking up after them and all their fur.

Thanks for the recommendation!  I'll look into it. 

• What am I willing to throw money at? This nail polish apparently! Just signed up on the waitlist.

And spray tans. I don't spend a lot of money on clothes, or getting my nails professionally done. Buying myself a new nice polish/spray tans every month or so are somethings I do because it really does make me feel better about myself

• luckya23 said:
    I'm currently sitting in the chair getting "galaxy hair"! Fingers crossed it turns out!
    We are going to have to see a pic of this!!! Love it!!!

• I would love to get a roomba or something similar. I hate sweeping and I feel like with our fake wood floor, it needs doing all the time.
  • @luckya23 I love it!!! That is so fun!

• emmaaa said:
    If this stuff is as easy to use as the description, then I definitely want it. Would you buy it, or get on the wait list?

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/join-the-wait-list-for-nails-incs-spray-on-nail-232114019.html

What is something else you would throw your money at?
    I "throw" my money at getting a 90-minute professional massage every 3 weeks. :smile:  But, I'm smart about it and get a good deal using licensed professionals at the local massage school.

Lately, I've been debating throwing my money at a personal trainer.  I have back problems that have been getting painful lately, and I know it's from letting my muscles get weak.  And I'm horrible at self-motivation, especially when I hurt.  After a long day at work, I am sore and just want to go home and lay on my heating pad.  I know exercise will help in the long run, but it's so hard to do when I'm so tired and sore. So, I've been looking at personal trainers.  But, they are SO frickin expensive!  I've thought about going back to physical therapy, but I have a high insurance deductible, so that's expensive too and right now that type of money just isn't in my budget. I may have found a group PT class that's affordable, but they are mid-session right now, so I have to wait a couple months. But, if I had the money, I'd get myself a good personal trainer to kick my ass back into shape.

• My FI pulled the trigger on a roomba back when Amazon did 'Prime Day', and it was one of the best things we've bought. We have a cat, and it does an awesome job at picking up the stray cat hairs. We have it set to vacuum at like 1 or 2am when we're asleep, so we don't have to try and move around it. It's pretty quiet, so we can't hear it, either.

We also just threw money at a new treadmill, so we'll see how that turns out... With it getting colder now, hopefully having the treadmill in the house will keep us motivated when we don't want to go out in the cold to go to the gym. And on that cold note, I'd LOVE to throw money at a new Canada Goose coat, but I just can't bring myself to do it!
  • I want a Roomba too - glad to hear people like theirs!

I can see my dog hating it and wanting it to die so the middle of the night is a good idea!

Today I plan to throw money at new winter boots. I don't see this as a waste though. I don't have good everyday winter boots and I need to get my ass in gear - I have a home game Sunday.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • ajRN519 said:
    My FI pulled the trigger on a roomba back when Amazon did 'Prime Day', and it was one of the best things we've bought. We have a cat, and it does an awesome job at picking up the stray cat hairs. We have it set to vacuum at like 1 or 2am when we're asleep, so we don't have to try and move around it. It's pretty quiet, so we can't hear it, either. We also just threw money at a new treadmill, so we'll see how that turns out... With it getting colder now, hopefully having the treadmill in the house will keep us motivated when we don't want to go out in the cold to go to the gym. And on that cold note, I'd LOVE to throw money at a new Canada Goose coat, but I just can't bring myself to do it!
    yes! I already did that, so I couldn't include that on my list.  The incline norditrack.  Mucho money but I wanted a good one and I love the pro ones I have used when traveling (hotels fitness room).  Good luck with yours! any brand you have your eye on?

• DH just threw money on a treadmill, and definitely has barely used it so far. I've been using it though, so that's a plus. We got one on Craigslist for a pretty good deal. It's a Horizon one I think? It fits our needs, inclines to 10%.

I've been throwing money at holiday decorations. We went from a 1 bedroom apartment to a house, so I want all the things to decorate it. I have to remind myself it's ok to just have a few, and to add to my collection each year, but I'm so happy to be in a house I want it to be nice and homey with holiday decor. Really all decor.
  • cgss11 said:
    DH just threw money on a treadmill, and definitely has barely used it so far. I've been using it though, so that's a plus. We got one on Craigslist for a pretty good deal. It's a Horizon one I think? It fits our needs, inclines to 10%. I've been throwing money at holiday decorations. We went from a 1 bedroom apartment to a house, so I want all the things to decorate it. I have to remind myself it's ok to just have a few, and to add to my collection each year, but I'm so happy to be in a house I want it to be nice and homey with holiday decor. Really all decor.
    I buy Byers Christmas carolers every year on Ebay.  I must have 25+ now.  I bought 3 more just in the last week.    It's definitely my weakness.   DH is borrowing a table for me so I can put up my little village next week.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Meal delivery - Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Home Chef, all of them. I hate grocery shopping and I hate meal planning so I don't mind paying someone to do it for me. Get a box of food on Wednesday afternoon and we're good until the weekend. We can't afford to do it every week but it's something that we've worked in to having at least one or two weeks a month because it's so damn convenient. 
  • ajRN519 said:
    My FI pulled the trigger on a roomba back when Amazon did 'Prime Day', and it was one of the best things we've bought. We have a cat, and it does an awesome job at picking up the stray cat hairs. We have it set to vacuum at like 1 or 2am when we're asleep, so we don't have to try and move around it. It's pretty quiet, so we can't hear it, either. We also just threw money at a new treadmill, so we'll see how that turns out... With it getting colder now, hopefully having the treadmill in the house will keep us motivated when we don't want to go out in the cold to go to the gym. And on that cold note, I'd LOVE to throw money at a new Canada Goose coat, but I just can't bring myself to do it!
    yes! I already did that, so I couldn't include that on my list.  The incline norditrack.  Mucho money but I wanted a good one and I love the pro ones I have used when traveling (hotels fitness room).  Good luck with yours! any brand you have your eye on
    We bought a ProForm.  It was on sale for a really good price, has good reviews, and neither of us are "runners" in the sense that we needed anything crazy elaborate (though this one has WAY more features than I know what to do with).  I'd like a TreadClimber, but I just can't bring myself to spend the money on one because I'm afraid I'll slack off and not use it enough to justify the cost.

Good luck with yours, too!  You'll have to let us know how you end up liking yours! 
  • ajRN519 said:
    ajRN519 said:
    yes! I already did that, so I couldn't include that on my list.  The incline norditrack.  Mucho money but I wanted a good one and I love the pro ones I have used when traveling (hotels fitness room).  Good luck with yours! any brand you have your eye on
    We bought a ProForm.  It was on sale for a really good price, has good reviews, and neither of us are "runners" in the sense that we needed anything crazy elaborate (though this one has WAY more features than I know what to do with).  I'd like a TreadClimber, but I just can't bring myself to spend the money on one because I'm afraid I'll slack off and not use it enough to justify the cost.

Good luck with yours, too!  You'll have to let us know how you end up liking yours! 
    Definitely check on craigslist for the more expensive exercise equipment. A lot of people invest in the high end equipment, use it for a few months, then it just sits and collects dust before they finally sell it.  A couple years ago I bought a fairly new Total Gym XLS with all the add on attachments for $150 from Craigslist. 

• ajRN519 said:
    ajRN519 said:

Definitely check on craigslist for the more expensive exercise equipment. A lot of people invest in the high end equipment, use it for a few months, then it just sits and collects dust before they finally sell it.  A couple years ago I bought a fairly new Total Gym XLS with all the add on attachments for $150 from Craigslist. 
    um...I bought the total gym too. Not the latest version.  But it was a really good price at walmart a few years ago.  I'm not upset about that purchase.  Makes a nice bench to chill out on too :)   I also bought a stationary bike.  One spare room has been totally converted to a gym.

As much as I really do love the norditrack, I need a TV in the room to distract me.  I'm waiting for a sale on Friday to get one, and hopefully - HOPEFULLY - having a TV in the room will get me to walk (run even?) more.  The norditrack has a display with youtube access, but youtube can only go so far.

• Right now, I am trying not to buy the Zoya black Friday 12 nail polish deal.  I literally have 40 bottles of Zoya but I love the rest colors so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards