Wedding Woes

Monday!

Good morning!  How was the weekend?  What are the plans for the holiday?

We got 9ish inches friday night/sat morning.  DH shoveled the driveway at 4am saturday so he could leave for work.  I shoveled again at 11am and thought I was going to die.  The snow was so wet and heavy and I am out of shape.

I am making cheesy potatoes and oreo fluff dessert for TG at my parents' house.  Has anyone made the oreo stuff?  I see a few different versions.  With marshmallows or without?  When I tasted it a couple weeks ago, I could swear it had cream cheese in it.

Re: Monday!

• I also have Kohl's cash to use but can't find a damn thing to buy.
  • Here is an Oreo Fluff recipe with cream cheese.  I have not made it.

Re: Kohl's Cash - this happens to me every.damn.time.
  • Holy cow at 9"!  I've never had oreo fluff, but would not be at all surprised if it had cream cheese.  I used to get so excited about Kohls cash and now don't even bother. 

We had a good weekend.  Saturday we took the kids to Build a Bear for the first time ever (and probably the last $$$!!!)  The kids had a BLAST though.  It was decent so we walked around the outdoor mall a bit.  The kids got new shoes and it was really just fun.

My boss has gone bananas with the emails today.  The new hire is killing me.  He seems to think I know more than I do.  He keeps asking me to do things, but doesn't give me all the info.  He also calls me by my initials which I don't care for.

MIL has been annoying me, but I keep thinking about @mrs.conn's loss and it all seems beyond petty.  I hope you're doing ok Conn family.  I can't imagine how hard things are for you right now.

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015
    6fsn said:

We had a good weekend.  Saturday we took the kids to Build a Bear for the first time ever (and probably the last $$$!!!)  The kids had a BLAST though. 

I have been toying with this idea, but the $$$ aspect x 2 frightens me.  Especially once you start adding outfits and accessories and stuff.
    tawillers said:

I am making cheesy potatoes and oreo fluff dessert for TG at my parents' house.  Has anyone made the oreo stuff?  I see a few different versions.  With marshmallows or without?  When I tasted it a couple weeks ago, I could swear it had cream cheese in it.
    My aunt used to make something appetizingly called white mold, which was basically a white Jello mold that had both cream cheese and marshmallows in it.  (I think it was technically gelatin, not Jello brand, because I don't think there is a white/clear Jello.)  Oh, and crushed pineapple, because why not?  Say what you will about southern food, you rarely see Jello molds and I'm not complaining.  :)

tawillers said:

We got 9ish inches friday night/sat morning.  DH shoveled the driveway at 4am saturday so he could leave for work.  I shoveled again at 11am and thought I was going to die.  The snow was so wet and heavy and I am out of shape.
    I texted my dad, and he said the handle on one of his shovels broke.  Holy shit.  Meanwhile, Wooz wore her winter coat over a fleece over a long sleeve tee today, because it was 28 when we left for the bus stop, and she was horrified that it was actually below freezing.  I busted out the old timer "You call this cold?" shtick.  She is unimpressed with my Midwestern upbringing.

6fsn said:

I keep thinking about @mrs.conn's loss and it all seems beyond petty.  I hope you're doing ok Conn family.  I can't imagine how hard things are for you right now.

So much this.  Hugs, @mrs.conn23.

My life is all randoms:

• Good weekend.  Got tons of stuff done.  Kids had a great time.  Mr. Heff had a great time. :wink: 
    • Brother is still broken up.  He thought he could deal with her daughter, but things weren't going well.  XGF wants to work things out, my brother is moving on.  :(  XGF has started liking and commenting on my mom's and my FB posts when she never did before, which is...weird. 
    • Short work week:  today and tomorrow, then we hit the road. I am Googling road trip scavenger hunt/bingo in my spare time.
    • Wooz is doing a social studies project in which she writes a letter to an older relative about her life in first grade, then interviews them about when they were in first grade.  They each make a paper doll to represent themselves in first grade, and Wooz presents the whole thing to her class.  We're interviewing my grandma from the car on Wed., which will be nice because my mom is flying down there tomorrow and can kind of help out.  (My grandma is lucid, but doesn't hear well.)  I'm psyched--my mom was saying that my grandma is doing up her paper doll with things like button-top shoes, really vintage.  I think it's cool that Wooz has her great-grandmother.
    • Neighborhood Gossip at the bus stop this morning--nothing of interest beyond our neighborhood (except maybe the return of our neighborhood fox, for anyone who likes foxes), but entertaining just the same.

• I was in a good mood for about 10 minutes at work.  I don't even want to go into all the bullshit going on in my personal and professional life b/c I get tired of it.  Last night I was in a pretty dark headspace and I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks b/c basically I can't eat a full meal at this time.  

So, as any good extrovert does, I've filled up my calendar with shit to do, so I don't have to think about anything and I've got to keep myself together to meet my obligations.  I'm quite sure, at some point, this is all going to fall apart.  Also, so far my Spotify Discover Weekly list sucks and it's making me irate.  B/c that's normal, you know.

I'm not FB friends with @mrs.conn23, but I can kind of guess from what I can see of her profile and everyone's words.  I'm so sorry for your loss, mrs.conn.  Hugs and love to you and your family.

• I don't know what's happening with mrs.conn's family, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • @Heffalump what a cool project! 

Our neighborhood "gossip" is that our neighbor named John walked out of the house in full makeup, heels, and dress Saturday night.  He smiled and waved I put it in quotes because Neighbor and I just sort of looked at each other said "huh" and went back to talking about Thanksgiving.

• I got a haircut Friday and hate it more and more each day.  I've been going to the same woman for almost 4 years and always loved it.  OF COURSE this happens right before my mom wants to do a big family shoot.  The front is ok but the back is completely horrid.  I'm hoping it's just the combination of also trying to cheap out on a flat iron. 

• I was back by my family over the weekend for Deer Season.  Sat out in the blind with my niece and had a few "Come to Jesus" moments with her - She's 17 and functionally illiterate - she's not dumb, but she needs to realize that she's old enough to fix the problem by her own decision making to not accept the status quo and do something about it to build the tools she needs instead of playing into the victim role.. 

Then went and did a "donation to one of my favorite food pantries" to a family who can't afford groceries (I don't donate to food shelves because of the insane amount of waste that goes on because of many state laws here, so instead I go grocery shopping for someone who falls through the cracks and can't get the help they need...).  I think the Mom of the recipient was about to cry when I dropped it off with her (she does a lot of the food prep because her daughter has been sick).. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards