Chit Chat
Options

Happy Cyber Monday!!

Not really for us.   Our less than 2 year old car's transmission went to shit yesterday.  This after we had to replace a car door because the lining was coming off a day after we got the car.  The entire header had to be replaced because it was falling down 6 weeks after we got the car.  There have been a host of other issues in the last 22 months since we got the damn thing.

We bought the car in Indy right before we moved here.  Unknown to us, the closest Nissan is 2 hours away.  :(       The "good" news is they are sending a tow truck to bring it to the Nissan service center.  The bad news is we are a one car family.  Grr.

I hope your Monday is better than mine.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Happy Cyber Monday!!

• Options
    Oh bummer- I'm a Nissan girl, too.  Only ever had Nissans- I love them (currently in a 2013 Altima).  What kind of car do you have?  Can't believe it's falling apart like that, ugh.

I feel like a slacker for not taking advantage of any Cyber Monday deals... but I literally can't think of anything to buy, lol.  Shame.
  • Options
    We have a 2014 Pathfinder.   They have been having a lot of issues with that model.

this is our 3rd Nissan. They have always been great cars.  This might be our last if they do not give us a new car or at least a deal on a new car.  It's been so frustrating.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    That is incredibly frustrating!

No Cyber Monday shopping for me. Our water heater died last Tuesday (on my birthday - yay!) so we got to drop $650 on that unexpectedly. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I had visions of getting a new dryer between Thanksgiving and today due to some really great deals going on. Our current dryer is fine, but I want the one that matches the washing machine we bought over the summer. First world problems over here. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    We have a 2014 Pathfinder.   They have been having a lot of issues with that model.

this is our 3rd Nissan. They have always been great cars.  This might be our last if they do not give us a new car or at least a deal on a new car.  It's been so frustrating.  

any chance the lemon law could help out in getting a replacement car?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Yikes, Lynda. Won't Nissan loan you a car or pay for a rental while they figure out how they're going to make it right?

I'm trying to Cyber shop. I found a Fiestaware table cloth @50% off and a  few gifts at Macys, but the site went down while I was still shopping. I made a half hearted attempt at calling the order in, but they are 'experiencing longer that usual wait times.' I ordered another item from LLBean, but the truth is I'm probably going to keep it. I'm so greedy.

I did better on Cyber Sunday gift shopping with Amazon.

• Options
    kvruns said:
    lyndausvi said:

This is tricky because we bought the car in IN and then moved to CO 2 weeks later.  All of the repairs have been done in CO (via corporate).

Indiana lemon laws are 18 months or 18K which ever comes first.  The first set of repairs started with in weeks.  The transmission just happened and it's now 22 months and 20K miles since we bought the car. We have not dealt with the IN dealership only corporate.  

I'm not sure since where we fall in when it comes to laws.

• Options
    ericasm0703ericasm0703 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    I feel like a total slacker in holiday shopping; I didn't really score any deals when I went out with my mom on Friday, and I'm just not sure what to get anyone in order to take advantage of today's sales. It's been raining off and on, so we've been busy at work so far. Since I started as a career firefighter, we've been trying to get the county to give us a new dishwasher. We finally got one this morning, but it wasn't installed right/doesn't work. One of the volunteers ran it and said that it made a bunch of loud noises and before he knew it, there was water all over the kitchen floor and running into the engine bay. It didn't go into the TV room (we just got brand new carpet 2 weeks ago), so I'm glad we at least dodged that bullet.

ETF: one day I'll learn to spell everything correctly the first time

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to make lists of ideas. The hardest people to shop for are my BIL,SIL and their two since we have to figure out the gift type. This is the time of year that I have to force DH to make choices instead of just watching TV.

At least I know what to get DH this year. Last year's gift was returned.
  • Options
    H and I mutually have no idea what to get each other  (and it's doubly hard that his birthday is in December).  I was going to get him tickets to a Rockets game for his birthday, but they are playing rather badly and he said that he doesn't have much interest in going to a game at the rate they are playing.

The only person I'm really excited to shop for is my 6 month old nephew.  I'm waiting to hear from my sister what they're getting from her SIL in hand-me-downs before I start shopping for him.
  • Options
    I bought boots from DSW like two weeks ago and wore them once. Now they're 25% off on Sorel's website. Booooooo. Part of me wants to be "that guy" that tries to return a used item but I don't want to be a dick. I'm going to order another pair, though.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    kvruns said:
    lyndausvi said:

This is tricky because we bought the car in IN and then moved to CO 2 weeks later.  All of the repairs have been done in CO (via corporate).

Indiana lemon laws are 18 months or 18K which ever comes first.  The first set of repairs started with in weeks.  The transmission just happened and it's now 22 months and 20K miles since we bought the car. We have not dealt with the IN dealership only corporate.  

I'm not sure since where we fall in when it comes to laws.

I think you fall under Indiana since that is where you purchased it. Sorry my city sold you a bad car!

Indiana Lemon Law IC 24-5-13-3

As used in this chapter, “buyer” means any person who, for purposes other than resale or sublease, enters into an agreement or contract within Indiana for the transfer, lease, or purchase of a motor vehicle covered under this chapter

Indiana Lemon Law IC 24-5-13-5

As used in this chapter, “motor vehicle” or “vehicle” means any self-propelled vehicle that:

(1) has a declared gross vehicle weight of less than ten thousand (10,000) pounds;

(2) is sold to:

(A) a buyer in Indiana and registered in Indiana; or

(B) a buyer in Indiana who is not an Indiana resident (as defined in IC 9-13-2-78);

(3) is intended primarily for use and operation on public highways; and

(4) is required to be registered or licensed before use or operation.

• Options
    It really sucks.

The tow guy just came from 2 hours away.   At least they are working with us to get the car fixed.   I will give them that.  

We have a car from the club to use for a little while.  I'm not sure why DH didn't insist on a loaner car?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards