Chit Chat
Options

Cyber Monday: where are you shopping?

So, I went pretty hard shopping for FI on Friday and earlier, but I have a hard time shopping for my family, so I'm curious where you guys are shopping today. 

My brother is always a PITA, but this year I'm getting him that DNA kit so some scientist somewhere can tell him (and by proxy, me) what our genetic makeup is. That bad boy is on sale for 30% off today and seems like an interesting gift.

Re: Cyber Monday: where are you shopping?

• Options
    haven't found any good online deals. I checked out a few but the items I want are excluded so I haven't made any purchases except for a hat for DH that I meant to buy anyway, and it isn't on extra sale or anything but it is free shipping.
  • Options
    I haven't found any outstanding deals.  I have checked walmart, target, amazon, and groupon.  But then again, I also have nothing in mind - just hoping something will jump out at me.  My parents are always the hardest to shop for.

• Options
    I've bought a lot on Amazon today, but not anything I got amazing deals on. More just going down my lists, adding to the cart, and being done with it.
  • Options
    I did some shopping over the weekend. I checked what I got today and nothing was any cheaper.    

I may  look for stuff for myself later though  :tongue: 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I bought H a bathrobe on Lands End today, they have 40% off everything, 50% off outerwear.  But, I already had plans to buy him a bathrobe, I just happened to like that one.  

We bought a TV on Amazon on Friday.  Their price was the same as the lowest price in stores we could find, plus it let us use our registry completion discount, even though it wasn't on the registry, so we paid over $150 less than the store cost, due to the discount and because we didn't have to pay sales tax.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    If you know of any chocolate lovers chocomize has $10 off of $50 and free shipping on your custom candy bar orders.  You have to know a lot of candy lovers to get that discount (or $5 off of $25 but it's not free shipping).   

edit: spelling

• Options
    @julieanne912 Land's End is what's up! They also have some cute shoes in gigantic sizes for ladies who happen to have flippers for feet. I am their leader.

Also, you're making me really interested in an Amazon registry!
  • Options
    @julieanne912 Land's End is what's up! They also have some cute shoes in gigantic sizes for ladies who happen to have flippers for feet. I am their leader.

LOL.  I was intrigued, so I went to the site.  It only goes up to 11.  I need a 12.  Now who's the leader? :)  Do the psychical stores carry anything over an 11?  I've honestly never been.

• Options
    So, I went pretty hard shopping for FI on Friday and earlier, but I have a hard time shopping for my family, so I'm curious where you guys are shopping today. 

My brother is always a PITA, but this year I'm getting him that DNA kit so some scientist somewhere can tell him (and by proxy, me) what our genetic makeup is. That bad boy is on sale for 30% off today and seems like an interesting gift.

I bought that DNA kit for my dad!  He's very into ancestry.com, so hopefully he didn't get it for himself already!  I was planning on getting it anyway, and almost ordered it last week, so that was a nice surprise in my Facebook ads! 

Oh, Land's End!  I currently have 9 coats from them, and I'm trying to decide which I am keeping so I can re-order it at 50% off today!

I bought a bunch of stuff at kohls.com for my mom to see what I like in person, even though I was pretty much done with her gifts.

Why isn't Lowes doing anything for CM??  I was hoping to get at least 10% off this darn inflatable I want... I just can't see paying $175 for it!  They don't even have hardly any cash back at ebates.

PSA:  Make sure to go thru ebates for your online shopping!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

LOL.  I was intrigued, so I went to the site.  It only goes up to 11.  I need a 12.  Now who's the leader? :)  Do the psychical stores carry anything over an 11?  I've honestly never been.
    I am humbled. I think I've been demoted to VP of Sasquatch Feet?  ;)

I've never looked in a Land's End store, but I do know they have a very nice return policy online (often free shipping and can be returned to a Sears store). DSW has better sizes online but mostly tops out at 10-11m in stores (also where you can return online stuff), and that's about the breadth of my large shoe-purchasing knowledge. 
  • Options
    Oh hey, @CharmedPam - what's your wedding shoe plan? I'm at a loss myself.
  • Options
    Oh hey, @CharmedPam - what's your wedding shoe plan? I'm at a loss myself.
    I'm not sure yet, it's in the fall - but indoors.  I was never one for heels to begin with.  They won't be heels!  In all honesty, I might do flip flops or comfortable flats in hopes my dress covers up the feet anyway. 

• Options
    Amazon! I have a larger chest and I can't buy a swimsuit at Target or Macy's or whatever and they're usually expensive. So Amazon had one in my size marked down with an additional 20% off. I was also going to hit Ulta but my bank account would be sad if I did.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I loved our Amazon registry because we could do a good mix of items.  I had registries at C&B and a small Target one, but Amazon was awesome because I could do some household things that were better prices than the other two stores, and some stuff like a smoker, horseshoe set, bocce ball, camping stuff, ladder, christmas tree... just really random stuff that we needed/wanted but wasn't really available anywhere else.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options

I loved our Amazon registry because we could do a good mix of items.  I had registries at C&B and a small Target one, but Amazon was awesome because I could do some household things that were better prices than the other two stores, and some stuff like a smoker, horseshoe set, bocce ball, camping stuff, ladder, christmas tree... just really random stuff that we needed/wanted but wasn't really available anywhere else.  

Sort of off topic, but did you find that most people bought off the Amazon registry? We did BBB and Amazon and people having been purchasing from the Amazon registry SO much more. I've even had to move things over from our BBB registry to Amazon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    So I buy some t-shirts from Old Navy for 40% off.   Less than 1 hour later, they are 50% off.   Grr.

I called, got the extra 10% off.  The agent said 75% of her calls are for adjustments.    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    hellohkb said:
    Sort of off topic, but did you find that most people bought off the Amazon registry? We did BBB and Amazon and people having been purchasing from the Amazon registry SO much more. I've even had to move things over from our BBB registry to Amazon!
    I think so.  For my shower, the hosts specifically put to buy from the Crate and Barrel one, so that's how I ended up with a decent amount from there.  But the next most popular one was Amazon, I'd say about 75% of the items from there were purchased.  A lot of our guests were from Wyoming where neither Crate and Barrel or Target existed, so Amazon was appealing for those folks.  

I feel like BBB is expensive compared to prices you can find online, so that's probably why Amazon is more popular.  Plus the shipping options are way better on Amazon, especially for Prime members.

Target was the least popular for me, only got a couple things from there.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    DH fell for a cheap 17" laptop from Toshiba.  It seems grandson broke daughter's!  Naughty Simon!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards