Wedding Woes

Morning

I'm on my last day of bereavement leave and this is the first time I've been alone in the house in 10 days.  DH went to help his dad figure out some financial and insurance stuff.  Drop off with DefConn was awful and I had to take the kiddo his meds at school and he was also struggling.  I have so much to do, but all I can do is veg on the couch.

The last 10 days were insane.  There was a ton of people in and out of my IL's house.  We had TG at our house.  After that, FIL wanted us to start cleaning out some of MIL's stuff.  I feel like we've made 500 decisions in the last week and a half.  

How was your holiday/long weekend?  Any deals on Christmas gifts?  DH bought me a KitchenAid mixer.   It was $110 off after all discounts/rebates/coupons. 

Re: Morning

• I'm so sorry for your loss, mrs.conn.

I'm back at work but could have used another day off.  Thursday we had TG supper at my aunt's house and then watched the football game.  The best part of that was the half-time.

Friday, DH's back went out.  He couldn't do much all weekend.  We had many plans and some I ended up going to myself and others were post-poned.  I did some black friday shopping with my mom and then helped her get her tree up.

Saturday I met some friends for breakfast and then my mom and I went to "Festival of Trees".  There were some beautiful and creative Christmas trees.

Yesterday was "get caught up with laundry day" and I did some decorating for Christmas.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015
    Welcome back, mrs.conn.  So sorry for your loss, and I'm sure it's been a tough time for everyone.  Sometimes you need veg time, even if there are other things on your list.  Everyone needs a break sometimes.

Our Thanksgiving trip went really well.  Better than I expected, TBH.  We left on time both ways, which never happens.  The kids did really well in the car, considering.  We did our best to make it fun. 

Had a great time with FIL and SIL.  We hadn't seen SIL since right before her oldest was born, 3-1/2 years ago.  The kids loved playing with their cousins.  Wooz was the oldest cousin, and loved being the queen bee.  They played outside, went fishing, we took Wooz out on the jet ski, it was just fun and relaxing.  Weather was beautiful.

Friday, FIL and SIL borrowed DH to go look at cars, and while they were there FIL bought SIL a brand new 2016 CRV.  Outright, no payments or anything.  DH used to be jealous of things like that (understandably), but with age it's gotten easier, and he sees that SIL has had a hard time getting her shit together and sometimes needs help. 

BIL showed up Friday afternoon.  His daughter is 9 now and he's still pretending she doesn't exist.  Which is weird, because FIL visits her, they have a picture of her, that kind of stuff.  On top of it, BIL is now dating a woman who has a daughter a few years younger with the same first name.  How weird is that for him, I wonder?

We also learned that DH's cousin, who used to be some sort of fundie preacher, cheated on his wife and got the other woman pregnant.  His wife wants to work things out.  I told DH that his dad's whole side of the family makes me want to play campus health center and just hand out bags full of condoms every time we get together, with all the secret/unplanned/sometimes unknown offspring out there.  Condoms work, people!

DS was adorable, when we turned into our neighborhood Saturday night he started yelling "Home!  Home!"  He was very jealous of SIL's youngest, though--DS is used to being the baby.  He was pretty good about sharing things, but not sharing people.  I never saw DS look evil until I picked up the baby.  And he would randomly look at him, get this mischievous look on his face, and say "Poke baby Jackson!"  He didn't do it, but I think he really wanted to.

Wooz's project almost killed me, but it's turned in.  We really pushed her to do the bulk of the work, and just helped with things like printing out her interview, Googling pictures of my grandma's old school, and stuff like that.  Cut to Wooz sitting in the family room crying that she doesn't "know how to cut anything out."  Then she was crying because she couldn't pronounce my grandma's long, Polish last name (no one can) or the Catholic school she attended.  But she pulled it together, got it done, and I braved the car line to drop her at school so she didn't have to haul her project on the school bus in the rain.

It took over an hour to get to work from her school, which reminded me why we never drive her.  Got here, and had a two hour meeting on the schedule that my boss knew about since the 19th but just informed me of this morning.  Ordered Christmas cards and photo ornaments (squee!).  Braving Target at lunch.

• I haven't really been on in a week or so, so I guess I missed something Conn, but it sounds like a loss - so sorry for your family.  

No drama really at all for all of Thanksgiving and I got a start of shopping, so pretty good long weekend here.
  • Good Morning. I had a nice Thanksgiving with my family. My mom came here this year and a few other aunts and cousins.

I didn't do any black Friday shopping because I really don't need anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards