Massachusetts-Boston

Flip flops for wedding!

Hi guys :-)

My wedding is coming up in March and I love the idea of having flip flops for guests.  Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy about 75 or so of them?  I don't want to order from Hobby Lobby or Dollar Tree ;-)

Thanks!!!

Re: Flip flops for wedding!

• Old Navy?

Typically, March is still pretty cold in MA.  I wouldn't want to wear flip flops if it's cold on your wedding day.

This may be a waste of money, and you'll be stuck bringing home a ton of flip flops!

I'd put the money towards an extra appetizer, late night snack or parking (if applicable).

• edited November 2015
    Hi guys :-)

My wedding is coming up in March and I love the idea of having flip flops for guests.  Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy about 75 or so of them?  I don't want to order from Hobby Lobby or Dollar Tree ;-)

Thanks!!!
    I agree with PP. March is way too chilly for flip flops. Additionally, many people don't like wearing flip flops.

Save your money for something else - like heaters, for example, which would definitely be welcome at an outdoor ceremony in MA in March!

Edited: words are tough today.
  • OMG OP, are you seriously having an outdoor ceremony in MA in March?! Brrrrrrr
  • I don't see where she mentioned anything about an outdoor ceremony here, and this looks to be her only post.  I think that's jumping to conclusions (though, if it WERE true, I would agree it's way too cold).

I would suggest Old Navy for cheap flip flops.  With the reception being indoors (assuming), the temperature should be pretty comfortable.  I don't think "flip-flops in March" is really an issue when they are only intended to be worn inside.  I would enjoy them as I am a dance machine at weddings and my feet always hurt in my heels.  Then I end up being barefoot on the dance floor and my feet get totally gross or it becomes dangerous if someone breaks a glass, etc.

That being said, not everyone will use them, and many people just run very cold so even if it's warm inside, they'd be too chilly to use them - so if there's somewhere the money could be better used (food, booze, etc), then that may be the more economical choice!  If budget isn't a problem, then go for it.

• Guessing an indoor reception is going to be temperature controlled and the ladies might want to kick off their heels and be a bit more comfy dancing. I don't think its a bad idea. My Party Saver has them in bulk but they're only white I think.
  • WTAF just happened in this thread?  OP banned and latest PP banned?  What the hell did I miss over the weekend?  Damn it.

• @frenchiekin huh? How do you know they were banned?
  • frenchiekinfrenchiekin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2015
    @Iamnowmrsjms  Look at OP's avatar, and the avatar of a PP who liked Elloquent's post.  I got a notification that that PP commented on this thread, but when I went to look at it, it was removed because she was banned.  I have serious FOMO with this drama.

• @frenchiekin ohh I had no idea! Thx! No idea what happened.  Nothing got crazy here LOL
  • @Iamnowmrsjms  Look at OP's avatar, and the avatar of a PP who liked Elloquent's post.  I got a notification that that PP commented on this thread, but when I went to look at it, it was removed because she was banned.  I have serious FOMO with this drama.
    Seriously! I go away for a week on business and come back and miss all the fun? Arrrggghhhh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards