Honeymoon Discussions

NWR: Guadalajara, Mexico

This is not wedding / honeymoon related, but wanted to ask the question!

My H has the opportunity to plan a business trip to one of his company's international sites in 2016. He can plan it for anytime in the year, so we were considering making it work with my work schedule and making a trip out of it.

Anyway, has anyone ever been? If so, tell me everything! What is the best time of the year to go, should we be worried about anything (safety-wise), what should we definitely do or see?

Thanks!

Re: NWR: Guadalajara, Mexico

• I just googled Guadalajara, and it doesn't seem like a particularly safe area - lots of violence/killings.  The US has a travel warning for this region too.   You mention "to one of his company's international sites".....can he go anywhere else?
  • JoanE2012 said:
    I just googled Guadalajara, and it doesn't seem like a particularly safe area - lots of violence/killings.  The US has a travel warning for this region too.   You mention "to one of his company's international sites".....can he go anywhere else?

Oh wow, I didn't see that. Maybe I'll sit this one out. I'll have him look into it further.

I'm sure he will have opportunities in the future to travel elsewhere, but I think because overseeing the financial planning for this site is a relatively new aspect to his job his manager thought it might be a good idea to see the operations firsthand. He did mention that the previous person who oversaw the financials for this site traveled there frequently (not required and I'm not sure why he did), but this person has since left the company which is when upper management did some restructuring of responsibilities and this site landed in H's hands.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards