Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

My fiance wants to push the wedding back, what do I do? XP

Here lately, my fiance has been acting really strange, and it all started happening after we went to my mom's wedding. Both of my parents are on their third marriage, and his parents are on their second. Ever since the wedding, he has been acting different and wants to push the wedding back. I think alot of it has to do with nerves and because he is scared because we are about to make a huge commitment to each other (I'm scared too and I told him it's normal. We got engaged the past June and are getting married in July 2016. We have already paid half the payment down for lodging and the venue for the ceremony and the reception. We have also sent out a couple save the dates, bought my wedding dress, and some of my bridal party has bought theirs. What do I do? I don't want him to be unhappy, but I also want to keep the date the same.

Anyone feel free to help and share your advice!
Confused Brided

Re: My fiance wants to push the wedding back, what do I do? XP

• You already posted this in CC.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here lately, my fiance has been acting really strange, and it all started happening after we went to my mom's wedding. Both of my parents are on their third marriage, and his parents are on their second. Ever since the wedding, he has been acting different and wants to push the wedding back. I think alot of it has to do with nerves and because he is scared because we are about to make a huge commitment to each other (I'm scared too and I told him it's normal. We got engaged the past June and are getting married in July 2016. We have already paid half the payment down for lodging and the venue for the ceremony and the reception. We have also sent out a couple save the dates, bought my wedding dress, and some of my bridal party has bought theirs. What do I do? I don't want him to be unhappy, but I also want to keep the date the same.

Anyone feel free to help and share your advice!
    Confused Brided

I would not yet postpone the wedding yet.  You still have a lot of time.  But get yourselves into some pre-marital counseling now.  It will help your FI figure out why he wants to postpone.  It will also help you both to communicate any fears and to make sure you are both on the same page about many of life's potential struggles.  It will help you to have the tough conversations now.  It could ease your FI's fears because you will both already have a plan for the future and how to deal with things.

Then if you do end up postponing the wedding, ask your venue to just transfer your deposit and any other payments to a date in the future (same with other vendors).  That way you wouldn't lose any money.  As for the dresses, if you any of your BM can no longer fit into their gown by the time you do wed, then I would pay for their replacement dress.  As for you, just try to maintain your current weight, so that your dress will still fit.

• Another vote for pre-marital counseling to figure out why he is nervous. Better to figure this stuff out now then afterwards. Many venues/vendors will allow you to reschedule. But get started on this immediately because you could resolve things in 1 session, but you could be in counseling for a few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards