Texas-Houston

Referrals needed for Alteration Shops!!

Anyone know of any GREAT alteration shops in Houston that specialize in wedding gowns? At the same time, are ALSO affordable? Thanks!!!

Re: Referrals needed for Alteration Shops!!

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used MLD limited in the Champions area 281-580-1065
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    There is an old post that highly recommended a couple of very inexpensive seamstresses - i think one was in the woodlands and the other was just west of that. this was back in April, I think, but well-worth digging for.

HTH
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Arlene. Beautiful U. Those ladies over there are seriously amazing.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    yeah, i wasn't too amazed by beautiful U, but they do good work. they're also expensive. 

my problem with beautiful U is that they talked me up like their going to give me special, undivided attention, but then Arlene would go out for a smoke and missed me in my dress every single time until the last fitting. She made some small suggestions and they kept my dress another week and none of the small suggestions were done (but i was picking my dress up the day before flying to the east coast, so i had no time to fix that - and the reason for the tight timing was b/c they are so hard to work with when scheduling - major attitude issues). The tailoring itself was well done, but i would not call anything about them amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I recently asked about alterations on here, and the ones recommended were:
    Beautiful U (I have an appointment on the 17th...the reviews of them were just so good I decided to go with them)
    Prestige Bridal
    Classic Tailors up near Willowbrook
    Katy Custom Bridal

I spent some of last Wednesday calling around to get quotes but it didn't really help because they ask to see the dress before giving firm numbers.  Hence, I took the easy way out and decided to go with Beautiful U because of the reviews.  Good luck!
  • EmF2011EmF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My coordinator gave me Arlene with Beautiful U.. Ihave her number so let me know if you are interested and I can get it to you. She's off West Alabama..

Em
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards