Just Engaged and Proposals

How much do you wear your ring?

2»

Re: How much do you wear your ring?

• I got engaged 9/18/15 and I have not taken it off yet and I don't plan on it! Luckily it fit perfectly and I do dishes and shower with it!  I'd be devastated if something happened to my ring but I waited so long to get it and I don't ever want to take it off! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been wearing my e-ring (6 years) and subsequently my wedding band (3 years) constantly for that time.  I only take the diamond off for messy cooking, lotioning or cleaning.  We are now working on a new house and I've started taking it off for that.

Both are white gold and I have noticed that they could both stand to be recoated, but diamonds & gold are strong sturdy elements and it would take a lot to do real damage

• So far, mine has only come off to show relatives. I turn it around when I go to bed so it's less likely to snag on blankets (it's a unique ring with a cluster of raw diamonds that like to snag little fibers if I'm not careful, so I face the diamonds into my palm to sleep with it). But I shower with it, cook with it, everything. I'll take it off for lotioning my hands and in the summer, I may try to avoid swimming with it, but other than that, this baby's not ever coming off my finger. I love too much to be without it. <3
  • Been engaged for a while but I take mine off all the time.  Usually, if I'm at home for the rest of the night, it's off.  I don't wear it while cooking, showering, cleaning, sleeping, etc.  When I leave the house it goes on.  Fiance is fine with it.
    Update, I still take my rings off all the time.

Husband has a job where he can't wear a metal ring to work, so we found these cool silicone wedding bands.  He is loving it!  I have one too, and it's awesome.
  • I wear mine all the time as well, but not to sleep, do dishes, shower, hit the gym or cook.

It's on my hand most of the day and gets soapy when I wash my hands. I have a pave band too...we've only been engaged a week and it doesn't seem as shiny. Maybe I'm just imagining it? 

What do you ladies use to clean your ring? And how often do you clean it? 
  • I wear mine all the time as well, but not to sleep, do dishes, shower, hit the gym or cook.

It's on my hand most of the day and gets soapy when I wash my hands. I have a pave band too...we've only been engaged a week and it doesn't seem as shiny. Maybe I'm just imagining it? 

What do you ladies use to clean your ring? And how often do you clean it? 

Diamonds get dirty VERY easily and dirt/oil really reduces their sparkle.

Best daily cleaning: bit of dawn soap on a soft/baby toothbrush. Rinse well, dry well. You can even do this while it is on your hand in the morning as you get ready. Wouldn't rec an ultrasonic for pave as it can loosen the stones.

• I have taken it off to show the inside etchings and inner stones, but other than that it's stayed on, but we only got engaged a month and a half ago.
  • i currently take it off the sleep, our bed is beside a heating vent and I starting taking it off out of concern of it falling off into there. Otherwise I keep it on most other times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been wearing my ring for a week and just noticed some scratches from lifting weights (I assume) at the gym. Huge bummer. I'll be taking it off to work out from now on!
  • I only take mine off when I'm showering, cleaning with bleach, washing dishes, preparing meat, painting, or handling certain equipment at my job. I actually nicked my engagement ring on a metal cage at work and I almost cried. Luckily I was able to smooth it out and the shape of the ring wasn't ruined at all. My fiance doesn't like it when I take it off but I do it to protect it from getting damaged or dirty. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards