Wedding Woes

Helloooooooo?

Anyone here?  I'm in the office for a while, taking the cat to the vet later.  Everyone have a good Christmas?  New Year's plans?

It is still ridiculously warm here.  We've been running the a/c since Christmas Eve, which is weird.  But otherwise, it's like 76 and insanely muggy in the house. 

Wooz's cat adoption is pending.  It's one of those places where they run a background check, call your current vet, check references, etc.  I can't imagine why they'd turn us down, but I've been gently reminding Wooz that it's not final until we're approved.  (The only thing I can think of is that some places are picky about young kids.  The lady at the PetSmart adoption center saw DS and asked how old he was, and she didn't raise any objections.  But I also know that a lot of times someone else makes the call, and that can be pretty subjective.)

Lined up a sitter for Saturday so we can finally see Star Wars.  Better late than never?

Re: Helloooooooo?

• I'm here.  DefConn had the Monday-est Monday of all the Mondays this morning.  I'm holding my breath on a behavior report after school.  I hope he's not a gigantic asshole, as he is wont to be after a week off and a crappy morning.  

Christmas was OK.  I think FIL did all right, as did DH and BIL.  BIL/SIL made us all memorial ornaments for MIL (they did them for the kids too).  

We are on baby countdown with SIL.  She's due the 8th...so she can go any day now.  

We're going to FIL's for NYE.  Not my first choice, but you know...it is what it is. DH's aunt and uncle are coming to town and FIL/MIL's BFF's are coming over.  DH's cousin and his FI might come. I hope they do, because I think his cousin's FI is the bee's knees.  

I don't want to work.  It's our busy season and I'm not feeling it.  I just put in for a metric crap-ton of OT next week.  At least we're going on a mini-vacation in 2 weeks with my family. 
  • Waiting on the health inspector to come and trying to potty train Max. 

Christmas was good.  Kids loved the gifts.  We spent the day playing WiiU and eating snacks.  Saturday was goofing around and then I started a serious head cold.  Sunday FIL and sMIL came to do gifts.  They didn't go overboard on toys for once!  A couple toys, lots of clothes, and a pool membership.

Now it's back to reality.  And potty training.

And if anyone has someone in Cincinnati looking for an IT job let me know.  I get a $1k referral bonus.
  • I'm here.  This holiday was the suck and I can't wait until the end of this season. 

The rain here is hella bad; we're over the 10 inch mark for 48 hours.  A number of my co-workers aren't here because of multiple highway closings.  My apartment effin' leaks like a sieve.  I'm trying not to lose my shit on management, b/c I'm sure it's not really set up for the "100 year storm," but this is some BS and there's no way they didn't know about these leaks.  
  • I saw that 6 and too bad SIL is about to drop a kid, or I'd forward it to her. 
  • I saw that 6 and too bad SIL is about to drop a kid, or I'd forward it to her. 

Do it anyway.  Can't hurt.  It's a young company and they are growing quickly.
  • Is it work from home or an office job?  At this point, she's looking to be a SAHM, but I think she'd be open to income if it was flexible hours and work from home.  
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2015
    Glad the holidays went okay, mrs.conn.  I'm sure it was hard for everyone. 
  • It's definitely more office job.  Some of them work from home, but this is an office position.
  • I'm here.  We are anticipating Snowmagedon.  It just started but they are predicting 8-12" with some models showing 18+" by tomorrow morning. Patients are cancelling and rescheduling like crazy.  

Christmas was pretty good.  Mom's on Christmas eve, Aunt's on Christmas Day and my brother's house on Saturday.  Weather was good, food was great and a good time was had by all.

I went to ER on Saturday night with a suspected abscess along my surgical scar from this summer.  I noticed it starting on Thurs and tried to postpone going in but it was looking pretty bad by Saturday.  They drained it and bandaged it up. No antibiotics yet.  I'm seeing my primary this afternoon.  I'm not sure what caused this as everything has been healed for 3 months.
  • Christmas was great. My mom came here and stayed with me for two days and my sister for two days. The weather has been crazy and I am chilling on the sofa at the moment. Talked my friend into going to a nice dinner for NYE.
  • Christmas was kind of meh here...  Things here are in the process of finding a "new normal".  DH isn't working the 60-80 hour weeks that had become our life's "normal" so in many ways he's completely unwinding from the stress that'd built up in far too many ways over the past 12 years... 

We've been doing a massive house cleaning here thus in spite of our best effort we didn't get the formal tree up (DH stayed up to 6AM Christmas).  He wanted to postpone putting it up until "right before Christmas is the earliest we ever put it up in our house growing up.." (not taking into account life, travel,  and the need to put it in earlier if we actually want it decorated)..  We ended up using our little Norfolk Pine as our "tree"...  It worked.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll put up the real one and we'll open up family gifts on the Feast of Epiphany.  It's an "Elsa - just let it go!" type feeling right now, because we did everything we could in the past few weeks to get it up, but some bigger picture advances were made, I got my Aunt's cookies for Christmas, there were gifts for the kids, there was a "tree", we've got our health - all is good with the world even if things weren't perfect... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards