Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: Flame Free Friday

• edited December 2011
    There is a girl on this board that has been engaged for what seems like an eternity. Any how, she asks questions/advice all the time, but NEVER says thank you. I think it is extremely rude.

Woo! Its FRIDAY!
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The overuse of apostrophes drives me nuts. You do not need rec's for caterer's. You need recs for caterers. In most cases, to make a word plural, you just add the letter s, sometimes, though, if the word ends in y, you drop the y and add ies; like in puppies or guppies.
  • edited December 2011
    My company has not updated their internet browser from IE6 yet and every website I go to tells me how outdated my browser is and some things wont even show.  Of course I cant updated because I dont have the admin passwords.

The things is, this is a company that does all their business online!
  • edited December 2011
    I just got finished working on a project that I've been working on for 2 days because someone wouldn't spend 5 minutes of their own time looking for it.

I've used up my limit of music on Pandora so no more 'til Monday :(
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Acholak, my employer is the same way.  The funny part is that my employer is one of the top IT/computer manufacturers in the world and we still weren't allowed to upgrade to IE7.  I found a work around from a co-worker and ended up upgrading anyway.  Can you download it from the internet, instead of from your employer?

I haven't seen most of my ILs in over a month (maybe longer) and I'm loving it.  It's so nice not having to deal with all of the drama and nasty attitudes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This isn't a FFF, more like a random thought.

Courts and I have some friends who are both 24 and have been together for 8 years and own a condo together. This weekend their families will be meeting for the first time. Isn't that wild?
  • edited December 2011

Ladies with IE6 - there is hope!  I heard that Google is stopping support and services for IE6 on Monday.  So hopefully companies will get the picture and move on as well.

It's a slow Friday... counting down...

• edited December 2011
    Nope steph, any way I've tried it asks for admin password to run the setup.

How did you get around it?
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My employer didn't put anything out there to keep us from upgrading (like admin passwords), they just "strongly advised against it" on all of our internal websites.  But anyway, a coworker sent me a zip file with an executable that I ran and it started installing. 

Anna, I find that really strange that the families have never met.  I'm assuming the guy's parents have met the girlfriend, and vice versa, right?  I'm thinking that if my 16 year old is dating someone (especially throughout high school), I would want to meet the other kid's parents. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they have both met each other's parents, but the parent's haven't met. Although I never dated in high school, my parents knew all of my friends' parents. I don't know how they could have put it off this long. My mom is pushy enough that she invited herself (and my dad and sister) along to one of FI's family gatherings about six months after we started dating so she could meet them.
  • edited December 2011
    Our families didn't meet until 3 or 4 years into our relationship (between being engaged and getting married).
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to flame my hospital roommate from last night.  Making a phonecall last night at midnight was not cool. I got moved but it pisses me off because it's like they rewarded your bad behavior.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents didn't meet Ben's parents until we were engaged and I had a dinner a few months before the wedding.  We had been dating 3 years.

Julie, how are you??
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am on clear liquids but that's not going too well and still in a bit of pain.  I have pancreatitis and apparently the only thing you can do is rest your pancreas.  The gastroenterologist compared it to a burn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards