Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitations and RSVP Help

I have ordered my invitations and information cards already and I am having my guests RSVP online on our website. Because I do not have an inner envelope to address my specific guests and I do not have on my information cards "we have reserved ___ seats for you" what is a good way to specify what guests are invited?

Re: Invitations and RSVP Help

• auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    I'm not so good with formal invitation wording and procedure, but I guess you could list everyone invited on the outer envelope.

Also I know sometimes when I've RSVPd online, we just typed in one name and the programming knew all the people on the invitation and had us check an RSVP box for each. Do you know if the website you're using has that capability? (ETA: Though this doesn't replace addressing the outer envelope. It's bests if guests know who is invited before they go to RSVP)
  • I think the best way is to address the outer envelope as you would an inner envelope.
  • Lots of people don't use inner envelopes; just address it to everyone on the outer. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • The inner envelope bears the last names of the specific people invited. This allows about who is invited and who is not invited.

• The inner envelope bears the last names of the specific people invited. This allows about who is invited and who is not invited.

True, but if someone is not having an inner envelope listing them on the outside envelope is fine. 

And again, many people do not use inner envelopes. It's not a requirement, and weddings go on just fine without them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I agree it should go on the outer envelope. I personally believe that would also look the most effective while still being right etiquette wise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards