Chit Chat

Christmas Lights question

Same idea as the Christmas Tree tear down question but with house lights - when do you guys generally take them down?  First time home owner here, and I never paid attention in the past.  Is it a go with the flow in the neighborhood kinda thing? 

Re: Christmas Lights question

• I take them down at the same time as the tree....which means this weekend!

• Same day we take everything else down. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Usually in late January. Just white lights on bushes so we leave them on for a while, like most of the neighbors.
  • I actually asked H last night when he's going to take the lights down. We'll keep them turned on through Friday but after that, they'll be off even if we don't take them down right away. He'll probably end up getting them down this weekend.
  • Same time as the rest of the decorations.   

This year it will be Saturday.   It's funny,  I never tell DH I'm doing it.  He comes home from work and it's all put away. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I always put mine away the first weekend after New Years. If you celebrate Orthodox Christmas, you would probably wait an additional week. But really it doesn't matter. Whenever you have time.
  • They will be turned off Friday. But the outside decorations will stay up until we have a day of reasonably nice weather.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards