Wedding Woes
Options

I'm starting WEDNESDAY

I think me New Year's Resolution needs to be positivity. So here goes:

1. I'm FINALLY taking the cooking class I had to cancel a few months ago.  (fingers crossed I don't have to cancel again)

2. We passed inspection yesterday.  Insulation goes in tomorrow and drywall next week!  It won't be done for Max' party, but it will be a safe space to walk into.

3.  We're leaving the house today.  I haven't walked past my sidewalk since Saturday morning.  It's kind of amazing we've survived that long.

Re: I'm starting WEDNESDAY

• Options
    Yay for positivity!

I had a chuckle on my way to the bus stop this morning.  My neighbors have a sense of humor:

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2015
    I left my purse and all of my food (breakfast, lunch, yogurt) at home.  I'm just going to blame DH.  He asked at the last minute if I could drop the kids off today and I said sure, that was fine.  But in the shuffle of getting everyone and their stuff loaded up, I forgot my own stuff.  So I'm pretty sure it's all his fault.  ;)

My work field trip was fine yesterday.  It accomplished very little, but it was fairly painless, so...win?  Wooz loved her ice skating field trip.  She has a couple of impressive bruises from some spills she took, but they didn't seem to bother her any.  She looks like a Fight Club reject, though.  :\

Last day in the office this week.  Going back to five day weeks is going to be brutal, so I'm enjoying this while it lasts.  Kitten home visit is scheduled for tomorrow a.m.  Her foster mom is OOT, so another foster mom who has been cat sitting is bringing her over.  Normally, they don't leave the kitty with you after the home visit, but I'm kind of hoping the substitute foster will say F it and let her stay.  Probably not, though.

We are doing so much nothing for New Year's.  I think I'm going to make some crab legs, and I bought an ice cream cake roll.  Pretty fuckeffort.  I need to buy our Star Wars tickets for Saturday.

ETA:  ^^^ uh, not with my wallet back at the house, though.  Grrrrr.
  • Options
    NYE will be very boring here.  FIL, my dad, and DH will be here all day insulating.  We'll probably do some hats and poppers and fake champagne around 7 then put the kids to bed.  NYD will be cleaning some stuff and maybe shopping for Max's birthday party.  I need to figure out cupcakes.  I usually buy a Costco cake, but this year I have a cupcake stand and some cupcake rings so might do them.  I DESPISE making them and don't want to spend more than $19 which is probably unachievable.  
  • Options
    For NYE we are planning an early movie, dinner and listening to a musician we enjoy.  We'll probably be home and sleeping by midnight.  Not sure about the rest of the weekend.
  • Options
    DH and I both work tomorrow.  My mom is taking DefConn with her to my sister's to do NYE with the three youngest grandkids.  DH, the kiddo, and I are going to FIL's for NYE.   There are only going to be adults there beside the kiddo and DefConn is going to have way more fun with my parents.  We're going to my sister's New Year's Day and we're going to have our traditional taco and enchilada feast that has been our thing for the last 5 or so years. 

Honestly, if there was any possibility of staying home and going to bed early tomorrow night, I'd rather do that.  At least DH's aunt and uncle will be in town and they are some of my most favorite people. 
  • Options
    I've been useless this week.  Also, last night I joked that I was regressing to the age I was when I started dating soon to be exH.  Yeah, it's true and I need to cut that shit out.  38 year old Varuna cannot handle 23 year old Varuna in mind, body, or soul.  Or liver.  I finally got my treadmill fixed, so I'm hitting that tonight in hope of kicking my own ass.

I have a party for NYE.  But I was horrible company on Christmas Eve/Day, so I'm not sure if I'm going.  And if I do, I might not stay long.  It's my usual crew of beloved friends, so I'll miss them.  And there's someone there I wouldn't mind kissing at midnight, who is single, but please to be seeing aforementioned note re: 38 vs. 23 year old Varuna.  Additionally, someone else was specifically invited b/c peeps are trying to hook us up that I also wouldn't mind kissing at midnight either.

Am I living a sitcom yet?  "Varuna Gets Her Groove Back But Can't Handle It"?
  • Options
    DH and I actually have plans for NYE.  We haven't done anything since I was pregnant with DD1 (so, 08-09 new year).  I really want to dress up all fancy, but we are just going to dinner and then back to either our house or our friends' for games and drinks.

DD1 is having a friend over to play this afternoon.  They've been begging since earlier this year and we finally found a day to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards