Wedding Woes

Box up that baggage and ship it off

Dear Prudence,
My long-distance boyfriend of seven years broke up with me this fall. I don’t want to get back together with him, but he handled the breakup badly (canceled a visit at the last minute, then ended things via text). We haven’t spoken since. However, I have a lot of things of his that I’d like to return; items he left in my care with the assumption that he would get them the next time we saw each other. Would it be rude to ship the items back to him? Do I include a note? I hate looking at that stuff in my closet and want to be rid of it, but he behaved terribly and we haven’t spoken in over two months. Is it time to just pack the box off to Goodwill?

–Stuck With Someone Else’s Baggage

Re: Box up that baggage and ship it off

• I'd Goodwill it.  If it's been 2 months and he hasn't communicated to get his stuff, it's not that important to him and it'd be important to me to get that shit gone.
  • No way would I pay to ship back an ex-BF's stuff, when we were together for 7 years and then broke up via text.  Sorrynotsorry.  There was a trip planned, he could have kept up the plans for the visit, broke up in person, and take his stuff with him.
  • Give him his crap back - no note...  Don't need to communicate with him - drop it at his doorstep it's just as much effort as taking it to anywhere else. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards