Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

"Borrowing" a guest list

So Trey's cousin was wed about a year ago, and his brothers wedding is in may: can I ask them to use their existing "his side of the seating chart" guest list... As OURS?! Or is that tantamount to cheating on a his algebra test?

Re: "Borrowing" a guest list

• Options
    Go for it. Sounds like life will be a lot easier.

• Options
    I don't see any problem with that - particularly his brother, who will have pretty much all the same family relations. Two of my friends gave me organizational spreadsheets full of local vendors they checked out and all their notes. This isn't any different.

Family & friends help each other out. If I do work, I want to give it to my people so they don't have to reinvent the wheel. ;)
  • Options
    No problems here, in fact, my cousin borrowed mine even though I'm not married yet and they just tied the knot in December. I had already compiled all the names and addresses of family so they asked to borrow it for theirs. 
  • Options
    My brother, sister, and I got married within 18 months of each other. We definitely shared guest lists.
  • Options
    My sister and I shared lists (and seating charts, and pretty anything else). Why not? Saved her a ton of time and trouble tracking people down.
  • Options
    I used the same list as my sister, she was married the year before I was engaged. It made my life a lot easier.

• Options
    Yes, definitely OK.  You don't need to re invent the wheel.

BIL got married 11 months before us.  We asked him for his side of the guest list, and eliminated his friends, of course. 
  • Options
    I took my brothers he got married in September. He got the list from my mom
  • Options
    Absolutely! It's not a pop quiz. Ask them for their guest lists.

I started mine with my mom's christmas card list, and my sister started hers from mine. 
  • Options
    Sure. If everyone on the list will be invited to your wedding and addresses haven't changed, it should save you a lot of time. You won't need to reinvent the wheel.
  • Options
    Definitely go for it. My sister was married the year before me and I just copied her list and updated any addresses that had changed. You might as well save yourself the extra effort of re-gathering all the same addresses all over again.

I didn't share her seating chart because we had slightly more family attend my wedding than hers so that kind of altered things a bit but I still think it would definitely be helpful to at least ask for it and see it.

• Options
    Shoot I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Options
    Definitely. I shared my guest list with my sister. Neither of us had seating charts, but She got a bunch of addresses she didn't have that way.
  • Options
    I asked my soon to be sister in law for their list and used that as a basis for ours. I also sent my FI's cousin our completed list to help out too. I don't think it's a top secret type of thing. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards