Ohio-Cleveland

Photographer

Hi, 

My wedding is going to be 4/23/16 and I feel so lost.  I know nothing about any of this stuff and am trying to find a photographer but I don't even know what to look for.  How many hours do you need a photographer for?  What photographer did you use or choose and why?  Were you satisfied with the pictures?  Thanks :smiley: 

Re: Photographer

• It's very important to look at the photographer's work, as there are many different styles and you want to work with someone who does what you are envisioning. Most photographers have galleries available on their websites, and then when you meet with them they can show you additional work. 

How many hours depends on what kind of photos you want and what the photographer offers. Some will offer to be with you all day and some offer a set number of hours. So if you'd rather have getting ready photos and fewer from the reception, you would have them come early and leave after dinner. You can also be creative - if you give guests disposable cameras at the reception, you may not need the professional as long. If you have a friend or family member who can take candid shots as you and your bridal party gets ready, you can have the photographer arrive later in the day. 

We used One Red Door photography, based in Chagrin Falls. They are a husband/wife team and I loved them and our photos. I felt very comfortable after our initial meeting with them and I felt like we were on the same page in terms of expectations and styles. It's important to like your photographer - they will be with you the majority of your  big day!

Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards