Chit Chat

Is anyone as bad at hair styling as I am?

2»

Re: Is anyone as bad at hair styling as I am?

• I am the WORST. I seriously suck at it. I can't even give myself a proper blow-out (a I can't round-brush for shit) without it just looking like a static-y mess.

That is why I have a stylist in charge of my hair & MU for work. Because the salon does not want people to think that she was responsible for whatever hack job I do, by our business agreement I'm really not supposed to appear on camera or at events unless she has done it. They even send her on set with me for touch ups, because I'll screw that up too :-/ I'm fine with doing my own makeup, but they prefer that it all be Susan and she's better at it.

Left to my own I'm very ballcap & braids.
  • When I had long hair I had two styles: ponytail and clipped twist. So then I chopped it. Right now it's outgrown into a graduated bob that is alright just blown dry, but I often take 2 minutes to run a straightener through the front parts. 

To me, doing anything but straightening my hair (thin, kinda frizzy, a little natural wave) is just too much work! I tried my sister's curling contraption (the thing that sucks in your hair and spits it out 5 seconds later in a curl) and it really gave me a cute 'do. But that contraption is heavy and would take me 20 plus minutes. It takes my sister, who has shoulder-length hair, 45 minutes to curl it all. I just don't want to spend that much time on hair. 

• When I had long hair I had two styles: ponytail and clipped twist. So then I chopped it. Right now it's outgrown into a graduated bob that is alright just blown dry, but I often take 2 minutes to run a straightener through the front parts. 

To me, doing anything but straightening my hair (thin, kinda frizzy, a little natural wave) is just too much work! I tried my sister's curling contraption (the thing that sucks in your hair and spits it out 5 seconds later in a curl) and it really gave me a cute 'do. But that contraption is heavy and would take me 20 plus minutes. It takes my sister, who has shoulder-length hair, 45 minutes to curl it all. I just don't want to spend that much time on hair. 
    Those things terrify me. Like, nightmare-type terror. I've never used one (or even seen one in person" but I'm afraid it would eat my hair, get it all knotted up in there around it and never let go.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Those things terrify me. Like, nightmare-type terror. I've never used one (or even seen one in person" but I'm afraid it would eat my hair, get it all knotted up in there around it and never let go.
    So actually, after it sucks your hair in, it beeps every second and then beeps quickly to notify you it's done. If you put in too much hair, it kind of groans and then beeps really quickly so you can unclamp before it knots up. Totes awesome AF so all the curls are on fleek! 

• I am really good at curling my hair with a wand and curling iron (I like Hot Tools best). But I cannot curl my hair with my straightener to save my life. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards