Budget Weddings Forum

Bridal shower favors

Hi what did you give for bridal shower favors? how much did you spend per guest? Thanks!

Answers

• Hi what did you give for bridal shower favors? how much did you spend per guest? Thanks!

I'm a bit confused. The bride shouldn't be hosting her own shower and paying for favors. Why are you asking this?
  • jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    Assuming you are a MOH or bridesmaid or friends throwing the shower, I'd say favors are generally not the norm for showers. And if you decide to do them, budget should be based on what you can afford, not on some comparison to some other shower. That said, as a guest, I would prefer the favor be edible and not some trinket or a wine glass that doesn't match anything I own....or better yet, use that favor money to offer another appetizer or sangria. I'll enjoy more food and beverage options way more than I will a trinket.

If you are the bride, then this doesn't apply because you shouldn't have anything to do with the planning of a shower thrown for you. You can, however, purchase a thank you gift for the person(s) hosting the shower, akin to what you would get someone for a hostess gift (bottle of wine, truffles, flowers, etc.)
  • My mom and sisters threw my shower. . . it had a nautical theme.  My mom made little chocolate boats and put them in clear plastic bags over blue M&Ms.  Quick, easy, inexpensive and edible.
  • kaos16 said:
    My mom and sisters threw my shower. . . it had a nautical theme.  My mom made little chocolate boats and put them in clear plastic bags over blue M&Ms.  Quick, easy, inexpensive and edible.
    Those sound adorable.  And delicious.

Hi what did you give for bridal shower favors? how much did you spend per guest? Thanks!
    One of my BMs took on favors at my shower.  I don't think anyone was expecting them, and they were nice enough (little crystal bud vases).  But even I tossed mine a couple of years later, when I felt less bad about getting rid of it.  I never used it.
  • Every shower I have attended, whether bridal or baby, offered a favor to the guests.  It was always edible.  It almost always was a theme related cookie or chocolates. 

My daughter's baby shower had cookies in the shape of clouds and raindrops because the theme was "Showers of Happiness from Heaven".  At my DIL's bridal shower, we had cookies and chocolates in the shape of shoes because her shower theme was "all things shoes and chocolate".

We always offer them as a small token of appreciation to the guests for attending.
  • My MOH did lavender sachets for my wedding... They smelled great and people took multiples home with them. Another shower I went to had homemade sugar scrub in mini mason jars... "From 'bride's' shower to yours" or something like that.
  • My aunt through my shower. As gifts, she gave mugs with our names/wedding date on them as well as bags of fancy hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows (the restaurant she held it at was called "Hot Chocolate.")

I'd skip the mugs. I've got tons of them since lots of people gave them to me afterwards, saying that they were too cute to toss but they didn't have space for them. I don't want them either. They were a sweet idea but a waste.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ditto edible, just skip the "he popped the questions" bags of microwave popcorn, bagged who knows how far in advance. Stale popcorn is gross.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards