Georgia-Savannah

Driftwood Beach (Jekyll Island, GA)

Any brides getting married on Driftwood Beach or attended a wedding there? We're planning a destination wedding and ANY tips on selecting our beach location, vendors (florists, photography, ceremony set up, etc), hair/make up recommendations, time of year, etc. would be AMAZING! We are looking to get married sometime during 2016 (a date is not solidified just yet) so we are open to suggestions. 

We're planning the wedding from Cleveland, OH so it would be so nice to have some advice from someone who's local or been there. We are just looking to do a simple 15-20 min ceremony on driftwood beach followed by some photos and then a lunch / brunch for our guests. Suggestions for the lunch would be welcome as well. We are thinking there will be approximately 20 people in attendance. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Re: Driftwood Beach (Jekyll Island, GA)

• Driftwood is a beautiful beach, it will make for gorgeous pictures! My fiance and I are getting married on the adjacent island in April (a great month before it gets too hot, humid, or buggy). We both grew up here, so we put a lot of thought into time of year. Since you haven't set a date yet, just some info to help you decide-- from about May to October it can be incredibly hot (85+ degrees). Winter is very mild, and can be warm enough for an outdoor wedding as late as November (but it's a gamble).

If you're planning on a beach or beach-front wedding, high tide offers a breeze and can help keep bugs down and guests cool. However, sometimes the wind can blow harder than desired, pelting you with sand.

Getting down to answer your questions:
    -Florists-- The Vine on St. Simons are amazing at what they do!
    -Hair and make-up-- Kimberly's Back Porch on St. Simons is where I'm going to do hair. All the girls there are great and listen to their clients. They also offer make-up too. Most vendors will come to you on your big day, even if you're staying on Jekyll (if you're worried).
    -Photography-- Chris Moncus, Brandon Horn, and Brooke Roberts are 3 that I've been looking at using (haven't decided yet, as they're all amazing).
    -Rentals-- Rent All Party shop has a plethora of rentals (they're based in Brunswick)

Hope this helps! At least the wheels can start turning as you start to plan. Best of luck! If you've ever been to the Golden Isles you'll know it's a beautiful place.

• Take a look at saintsimonphotography.com, John is so awesome! Affordable and you get all of your digital photos included. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards