Rhode Island
Options

Make-up artist for 10-10-10??

Can anyone recommend a make-up artist that might be available for 10-10-10 in the RI/MA area? My cousin who was suppose to be doing my make-up has been acting a little flaky (not returning phone calls, text messages and acting like a total drama queen) and I have a gut feeling she is going to bail out on me and I can't wait for her to get her act together. The sad part is that she offered to do my make-up professionally a while back. I thought it was great, one less thing for me to worry about. 
Just when you thought you could count on family...Frown

Re: Make-up artist for 10-10-10??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristin Greene actually recentely posted on FB that she has an opening on 10-10-10, because she just realized her bride that day is a really early one. So I'd contact her. That's who I'm using and shes great!
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    edited December 2011

mmaxwell818 -Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I just emailed her. I have my fingers crossed.

• Options
    umasskdomeumasskdome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually Kristin's early bride on 10-10-10.  She will be done with us by 9:00.  We are getting married in Newport - so if you don't need her too early or if you are getting married nearby, it should work!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Umasskdome - Thanks for the heads up. If she's available, my ceremony starts at 2, so maybe there could be a chance, but I would need her to come to me, since I'm getting ready at my parent's home in Somerset, MA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    not sure on what kind of budget you're working with, but you can also try Kerri Parks at Skinplicity- she charges $70 for day of makeup and a $25 travel fee.. Kristin Greene is really good but is a little pricey! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Kerri Parks from Skinplicity for my wedding (10/10/09) and she was fab, one of my fav vendors.  She was nice and quiet, let me think and reflect while I relaxed and she did my makeup.  The trial is $40 and the BMs/moms are also $40 for the day of.  It's reasonable compared to others. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Jennie Kay Murphey.  I'm using her for 10-23.  Not sure if she's booked but she has a very reasonable travel rate and she's fantastic. 
    http://www.jenniekaymurphy.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm using Kerri Parks from Skinplicity on 10-10 but I'll be done by 1 ... that's probably too late for you, though.

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try Sara Faella, she does mineral make up, HD make up and air brush make up all for the same rate and she charges the bride and her BMS the same rate too. very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your help and info girls. Greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards