Nevada-Las Vegas

Serious help needed.

I don't think I have ever needed to post. All the questions I have had have been asked by someone else and answered already.

I planned my wedding this time last year for 22nd September 2016, and my h2b just had a melt down with all my plans.

I planned
Chapel of the flowers for ceremony
Mgm for a cocktail reception
Todd for full days photography
Sauces for food in suite.

My darling h2b just had a mild panic attack about it all. He's worried about "sneaking" stuff into the mgm specifically and the room and keeping it clean for the next day.

He's worried about space for the drink for everyone in room now and chairs and everythin.

He's really upset me and I fedon't even I don't have a plan anymore. We were right at deposit stage.

We have only 15 to 20 people coming from Ireland. I want to avoid minimums like the plaque.

Are mgm ok with in suite ceremony? That would be easier to get chairs in? Is it just the food they have a problem with?

If we have a sit down meal in the mgm and go back up for drinks? This should ease the stress he's feeling I think.

Please any help, advise , reassurance, or talk me down, plz

Re: Serious help needed.

• I just replied to you in the other thread, but you won't have anything to worry about for the number of people you're talking.  My brother in law and his frat brothers have packed 8+ into an MGM room and been plenty loud and obnoxious; it happens all the time in Vegas.  For your number of guests, the amount of food/booze/seating that a vendor might roll through the lobby for you will be minimal and not draw attention, especially at a property the size of MGM.  You see someone wheeling a cooler through the lobby about once per minute.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Hi Vegasgroom, thank you for replying. Appreciate it.
    H2b now thinks doing the in suite ceremony will be better. Will renting chairs for people to sit be easy? I mean easy to get them up ?

Does the mgm suite on my have card access to elevator?

I want to get the room the day before and day of wedding.

I have one friend, who is taking a non wedding day friend with her and she has agreed to do any day of wedding stuff for me that I need. Like letting people in and stuff. Super organised.

But chapel of the flowers was like an order by numbers wedding/ceremony. Just add in and upgrade what ever I wanted.

In suite will need to have everything brought it seperatly . Am I being stupid.

I hated paying cof 2000 for 45 minutes and not even have them let Todd in to take photos.
  • I just did an in-suite reception at MGM. While we were able to sneak food in, as I mentioned in my earlier post, security did stop by. But this was ONLY because we had the door open because it was getting hot inside due to the rain. We managed to talk them away but I've also heard if you give them a $$ tip they will also look the other way.

We didn't rent chairs - we just used the chairs available there. For 15-20 I honestly don't think you need to.

I'm not sure what you mean  by this question: "Does the mgm suite on my have card access to elevator? "

The ceremony itself we had no issues with apart from the rain. But no one said we couldn't hold a ceremony. I think they would care more about the food than anything else.

You may also want to look into Platinum hotel for a wedding. They were our second choice. They will do a nicely catered meal and I believe will let you bring in any photographer you want to. With your small group count it shouldn't be too much. If h2b is going to have a panic attack about sneaking food in before the ceremony I honestly don't think its worth the stress.

• Dublin25 said:
    Hi Vegasgroom, thank you for replying. Appreciate it. H2b now thinks doing the in suite ceremony will be better. Will renting chairs for people to sit be easy? I mean easy to get them up ? Does the mgm suite on my have card access to elevator? I want to get the room the day before and day of wedding. I have one friend, who is taking a non wedding day friend with her and she has agreed to do any day of wedding stuff for me that I need. Like letting people in and stuff. Super organised. But chapel of the flowers was like an order by numbers wedding/ceremony. Just add in and upgrade what ever I wanted. In suite will need to have everything brought it seperatly . Am I being stupid. I hated paying cof 2000 for 45 minutes and not even have them let Todd in to take photos.
    If you do want to add chairs/tables, there are rental companies that will deliver, set up, come back and pick up.  RSVP for example, http://www.rsvpparty.com/

I'm not familiar with the MGM suite layouts so I'm not sure how much seating they come with.  Unfortunately I also do not know if the suites require card access; do you know the specific suite you're considering?  Someone may have used it before and could tell you if it needs card access.

I don't blame you for the photography thing; spending that much is ridiculous when there are great photographers who will give you all day coverage for the same price, with digital rights.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I probably wouldn't worry about additional seating at the MGM Skyline Terrace, unless you're expecting 20 or more guests and most of them have mobility issues. There's a reasonably sized couch inside, a weird little two-person chair, plus the cool orange curvy couches and the 4-person table and chairs outside. Not everyone's going to be sitting at the same time. Not to mention a built-in bar stand at the edge of the patio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards