Not Engaged Yet

AW: National Championship weekend

This will be long... just warning you!

What an amazing weekend. Bright and early Saturday, my parents and I headed to Phoenix. We were patient and waited until noon ET to have a drink ;)

Saturday evening I met up with a bunch of my MBA friends and we had a few drinks, watched the crazy end to the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati NFL game, and had a bunch of laughs.

On Sunday, I got up and headed out to the canal for a short run. I absolutely LOVE running on the canal, and that morning was no different.

After that, my parents and I headed to Fan Fest. It was pretty corporate-sponsor-ish, but there were some cool things, like the Heisman trophy and CJ Spiller.

After that, we headed to pick up our game tickets and had dinner with two of my college friends. I hadn't seen them in over 17 years and they flew in all the way from Shanghai with their two teenagers!

While we were at dinner, another friend called and said she had VIP tix to an event downtown. I headed down there and met up with her. Two minutes after we walked in (while John Mellencamp was performing), Christie Brinkley walked within two feet of me. That woman is GORGEOUS. My friend and I both agreed she looked like she was easily in her 30s. How the heck does she do it?? We also watched them taping segments for that night's SportsCenter.

And just like that, it was GAME DAY!!

Our tailgate was perfect. We had sandwiches, chick-fil-a, beer, snacks, etc. The people next to us were hilarious and shared their shots of apple crown royal/peach schnapps/???. And we played left/right/center all while hanging out with friends we hadn't seen in forever.

Me and my parents:

Some of my college friends and I. The two on the left and the one on the right were literally the first three people I met at Clemson when I went there for my visit senior year. I totally blew their minds when I told them that the daughter from Shanghai is the same age I was when they first met me.

My dad and I at the game in our seats:

We lost. It hurt. It still hurts. What a great game to be a part of, and I'm so proud of my team. I'm already looking at getting tickets for Tampa next year.

On Tuesday my parents and I went to eat at another of my fave spots (Cien Agave for those who attended the NEYG2G2013 in AZ). We walked around, did some shopping, spent some $2 (it's a tradition that Clemson fans bring $2 stamped with a tiger paw for bowl games. It shows the city we're visiting the economic impact of bringing Clemson to town).

I had dinner at my favorite place - Postinos (hello bruschetta board)

It was SO HARD to leave Phoenix. Not only because I love it there, with all my friends, the weather, the gorgeous scenery, etc, but because when I arrived, my hopes were so high that we'd win a National Championship. It seems hokey, but even though I wouldn't let myself actually picture winning it, it crushed me when we didn't. I have cried at least once every day since.

But in the end, I had a once-in-a-lifetime weekend with my parents and old friends that I wouldn't trade for anything.

tl;dr: I ate, I drank, Clemson lost, I flew home. ;)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: AW: National Championship weekend

• Omg sounds like such an awesome trip! I'm so sad Clemson lost too, they definitely deserved that win so much more. It was such a good game though. I'm glad it was a fight.
  • All of this sounds so much fun!!! 
  • Everything about this (except for the loss) looks and sounds amazing.  I'm so glad you went and had a good time.  Also, the fact that you run while on vacation = the reason you are my fitness hero. 
  • I'm so glad you had a blast! Sorry they didn't win for you though :disappointed: You look SO much like your mom!

• Swazzle said:
    I'm so glad you had a blast! Sorry they didn't win for you though :disappointed: You look SO much like your mom!
    Not only do we look alike, our personalities (for better or worse) are also the exact same... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I love all of this (except for the loss)!!! The game was so amazing to watch on TV....I can't even imagine the excitement in person! I'm glad you got to go!

• That sounds like so much fun! Glad you had a great time.
    friends tv show funy
  • 1. You are totally your mom's mini-me!
    2. What an amazing weekend! Even though they lost, it sounds like everything was perfect otherwise. 
    3. That canal is beautiful. I can see what you love to run that trail.
    4. OMG YOUR SEATS! Such great seats! Holy crap!
    5. Infinitely jealous that you basically rubbed elbows with Christie Brinkley. Next time, you should eavesdrop to see if she tells anyone where she found the fountain of youth.

• I'm glad you had so much fun!! You and your mom are both beautiful! I'm sorry Clemson lost, but the memories are still amazing!

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards