Moms and Maids

MOH broke up with her bf?

Blackbird230Blackbird230 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2016 in Moms and Maids
This may not be an issue, but may. I'm not sure. So my MOH broke up with her boyfriend of almost 3 years. She's hoping they get back together, but I'm not sure. He doesn't seem committed to wanting to. He was a big source of her income. I offered to pay for her BM dress since I know money is very tight for her right now. I couldn't imagine not having her standing beside me because she couldn't pay for it!

Now here's my question. Her boyfriend booked their room at our hotel. It's not super expensive, but not cheap ($139 per night plus tax). They had booked for two nights. I already have one BM staying with me the night before who isn't staying the second night. Should I not worry and let her figure out what to do about the room? I'd like to help but paying for the dress is already a bit of a stretch on our budget so I can't do the room as well. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: MOH broke up with her bf?

• Let her figure it out. If she comes to you for help, give her suggestions, but it's not on you to pay for her room. Paying for her dress is very generous already.

How far out is your wedding? Give her some time to work things out and if a problem arises deal with it then.
  • This may not be an issue, but may. I'm not sure. So my MOH broke up with her boyfriend of almost 3 years. She's hoping they get back together, but I'm not sure. He doesn't seem committed to wanting to. He was a big source of her income. I offered to pay for her BM dress since I know money is very tight for her right now. I couldn't imagine not having her standing beside me because she couldn't pay for it!

Now here's my question. Her boyfriend booked their room at our hotel. It's not super expensive, but not cheap ($139 per night plus tax). They had booked for two nights. I already have one BM staying with me the night before who isn't staying the second night. Should I not worry and let her figure out what to do about the room? I'd like to help but paying for the dress is already a bit of a stretch on our budget so I can't do the room as well. 
    OP, your ticker says your wedding is 8 months away. If that's the case, so much can change between now and your wedding. It was super nice of you to offer to pay for her dress. She is responsible for her own accomodations and travel. I wouldn't worry about that. Just be there for her as a friend and leave your wedding out of it unless she asks for your help in problem solving related to your wedding. 
  • Oh girl, so much can happen in 8 months.  She could literally break up with her current BF, start dating someone new, and get married.  Don't take on more problems than you have to.  This isn't something you have to deal with anyways.  If she comes to you for help, by all means give her suggestions, but don't worry about something that might be a non-issue when the wedding actually comes.  It was very nice of you to pay for her dress as well.  

• Thanks ladies! I won't worry. I also spoke with my FI and if she needs to when the time comes she could stay with me and the other BM in the suite the night before.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards