Ohio-Cleveland

Lost Wedding Outfit-HELP

My wedding was on 9/5 and 9/6 and it was fabulous and definitely the happiest day of my life. But all said and done it ended with my husband's wedding sherwani lost/stolen. For those of you unfamiliar with a wedding sherwani, it's a desi/indian garb worn by the groom for the wedding. I don't know how this is possible. The last we saw it was when at the end of the night he was zipping up the garment bag containing the sherwani, the pants, and the shoes, in the bridal suite type room where the bridal party/family kept everything. Long story but we realized that the sherwani set was missing a few days after the wedding. When my mom was putting things away after everything settled down post wedding weekend, she could not find the sherwani anywhere. Her and my two aunts, my dad, and my uncle flipped the house upside down looking for it in every corner (unfortunately, I had already come back to NYC by then). We contacted the venue and they couldn't find it. My family even checked the venue's security footage and the footage of all of us leaving the venue doesn't capture any of us with the garment bag. It disappeared somewhere in between. I think maybe that the garment bag containing the sherwani was left in the suite (though a few of us swept the place before leaving to double triple check) or just right outside of the suite, and between then and the time when my family contacted the venue... someone at the venue nabbed it, if it was left in the venue somewhere by mistake... I don't know. I hate to think that someone took it because what would they do with it??? It's custom made and my husband is a tall dude, the shoes are huge, etc It really hurts to think about it because it was expensive and was a gift from my aunt who could not come out to the US to attend the wedding. Hand beaded and custom made. It holds a lot of sentimental value, if anything.

We got married in Cleveland, OH at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens and it's an amazing venue and I love them but I feel jilted.

We contacted the surrounding precinct just to alert them, if they come across it ... But no luck.

I have been racking my brain the past few months trying to think where else it could be. We have gone back and forth with the venue representative for about a month (even while we were on our honeymoon). Still nothing.

Any idea? Any advice? Any psychic super power to locate where it could be?

It's like it vanished into the bermuda triangle of desi outfits.

Oh yeah, also searched on Craigslist to see if anyone was selling it... no luck.

Re: Lost Wedding Outfit-HELP

• Have you contacted your bridal party? Maybe one of them grabbed the bag by mistake & when they got home just hung things up & haven't looked in their bags. I know I didn't look inside my bags for several weeks after the wedding because there wasn't anything in them I needed. Hope you find it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards