Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

BM Dress

Hi Everyone! 
So I have chosen to have the bridesmaids wear skirts. I didn't give them a choice... Is this a bad thing? I think that I will let them all chose their own shirts as long as they are all white and I will let them chose their own shoes. Is this being too controlling??? I don't want to be mean, I certainly want them to be comfortable, but its also my day and I want them to wear something specific.  

Re: BM Dress

• Options
    tigerlily6tigerlily6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    Hi Everyone! 
    So I have chosen to have the bridesmaids wear skirts. I didn't give them a choice... Is this a bad thing? I think that I will let them all chose their own shirts as long as they are all white and I will let them chose their own shoes. Is this being too controlling??? I don't want to be mean, I certainly want them to be comfortable, but its also my day and I want them to wear something specific.  
    When you invite guests (and bridesmaids are guests) it is no longer a "me" day. It's about being a good hostess to friends and family who are honoring you and your husband-to-be by supporting your union with their presence. 

There is nothing wrong with a bride picking the dress/ skirt for her bridesmaids, but there is a problem if she does so without consulting each BM individually about what they can afford and if they are uncomfortable with any certain styles. If you haven't talked with your bridesmaids about these topics, then you need to do so. 

ETA: And yes, do not pick their shoes, unless you plan to pay for them. This is also considered basic polite etiquette, even though it gets overlooked a lot. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In addition to the above, I'm guessing you're in the clear and not being controlling. Curious about the skirt choice. Just like dresses, there's one for every body type. I'd feel like a frump if the skirt was tea length because I'm petite, for example. Just make sure everyone's comfortable with the chosen skirt. 

• Options
    Did you ask their budgets privately before choosing the skirt? Does the skirt fit into the cheapest budget? If so then you're in the clear. I do want to second (third?) what @thisismynickname and @tigerlily6 said, check and see that they are comfortable with the skirt you chose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards