Just Engaged and Proposals

i just got engaged!!! tell me the story of how he proposed and youre realtionship story with him

okay i got engaged about 4 days and we were together for 18 months. okay the story of how me and my fiance meet is an interesting one. he was my roommate. i put out an ad for a roommate online i meet him he seemed like he would make a good roommate and he agreed to pay 50% bills so i choose to him.

at first we didn't really talk much he would just stay in his room and play video games or watch TV. i will admit if someone told me when i first meet him that i was going to spend the rest of my life with him i would not have believed it. i always found it kind of weird but i just assumed he was shy. one day i decided to try and get to know him so we started talking and got to know each other more.

we had a very deep conversation and he reveled to me that he has autism and struggles with making friends and socializing with people. he started to tell me how he gets lonely at times he then told me how he hated the fact that he was 22 and had never been kissed at that moment i just reached over and kissed him i didn't think about it i just did it. i just had a strong urge to do it. i later took his virginity later that night as well.

after that we had a friends with benefits relationship for the first two months of our relationship and we had sex every day i didn't think we would start dating. one night i had a nightmare and asked him to sleep in the bed with me and he started to spoon me and he played with my hair and kissed my neck.

i had been in an abusive relationship before him and i had several other issues with men and i never had a man show affection to me like that.

the next day when i was putting my make up on he started to hug my waist and kiss my neck and my heart melted i loved it so much. we then became official and we would go on dates together at least twice a week we would after we came home eat dinner together and watch a movie and we would have sex very regularly.  and we would sleep in the same bed and cuddle before we went to bed.

it was so weird both of us never thought we would be taking couples photos together or hold hands when we went out or kiss when we are sitting next to each other on a train or subway. or telling each other we loved each other daily

now our relationship did have its challenges. i would sometimes get frustrated his with autism and i have bad depression and i cry quite often. so he gets frustrated with me. and there would be times that we would fight a lot and his obsessions can make life frustrating.like he has to watch a TV show before bed and he has to watch every Yankee game and it can be obsessive because he wont want to go out at all when the game is on.

i will admit my relationship with him has been the most challenging thing in my life but also the rewarding and greatest time as well i wouldn't trade him for nothing.

so as i said i got engaged 4 days ago. it was cute the way he did it. we went to a jewelry store. he was going to sell an old family necklace and see how much it was worth we went to the jewelry store and he dropped off the necklace and got a bag from the store and i asked what was in it and he said i got you a little surprise.

well when we got home he showed me the surprise and he at that moment got down on one knee and proposed to me it was the sweetest thing ever. so that's my story i know it was long i just really wanted to tell it so let me hear yours.

Re: i just got engaged!!! tell me the story of how he proposed and youre realtionship story with him

• okay i got engaged about 4 days and we were together for 18 months. okay the story of how me and my fiance meet is an interesting one. he was my roommate. i put out an ad for a roommate online i meet him he seemed like he would make a good roommate and he agreed to pay 50% bills so i choose to him.

at first we didn't really talk much he would just stay in his room and play video games or watch TV. i will admit if someone told me when i first meet him that i was going to spend the rest of my life with him i would not have believed it. i always found it kind of weird but i just assumed he was shy. one day i decided to try and get to know him so we started talking and got to know each other more.

we had a very deep conversation and he reveled to me that he has autism and struggles with making friends and socializing with people. he started to tell me how he gets lonely at times he then told me how he hated the fact that he was 22 and had never been kissed at that moment i just reached over and kissed him i didn't think about it i just did it. i just had a strong urge to do it. i later took his virginity later that night as well.

after that we had a friends with benefits relationship for the first two months of our relationship and we had sex every day i didn't think we would start dating. one night i had a nightmare and asked him to sleep in the bed with me and he started to spoon me and he played with my hair and kissed my neck.

i had been in an abusive relationship before him and i had several other issues with men and i never had a man show affection to me like that.

the next day when i was putting my make up on he started to hug my waist and kiss my neck and my heart melted i loved it so much. we then became official and we would go on dates together at least twice a week we would after we came home eat dinner together and watch a movie and we would have sex very regularly.  and we would sleep in the same bed and cuddle before we went to bed.

it was so weird both of us never thought we would be taking couples photos together or hold hands when we went out or kiss when we are sitting next to each other on a train or subway. or telling each other we loved each other daily

now our relationship did have its challenges. i would sometimes get frustrated his with autism and i have bad depression and i cry quite often. so he gets frustrated with me. and there would be times that we would fight a lot and his obsessions can make life frustrating.like he has to watch a TV show before bed and he has to watch every Yankee game and it can be obsessive because he wont want to go out at all when the game is on.

i will admit my relationship with him has been the most challenging thing in my life but also the rewarding and greatest time as well i wouldn't trade him for nothing.

so as i said i got engaged 4 days ago. it was cute the way he did it. we went to a jewelry store. he was going to sell an old family necklace and see how much it was worth we went to the jewelry store and he dropped off the necklace and got a bag from the store and i asked what was in it and he said i got you a little surprise.

well when we got home he showed me the surprise and he at that moment got down on one knee and proposed to me it was the sweetest thing ever. so that's my story i know it was long i just really wanted to tell it so let me hear yours.

Congrats.
  • That's a little TMI for an intro post, but congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congratulations! I get the feeling I'll want to read more about your wedding plans, please keep us all up to date! We give great advice.

Also, please change your username so we can all get to know and recognise you. There are a lot of knottie#'s and it can be tough to work out who is who.

• Ok then. That's a lot of info we didn't need. Congrats.
  • Sorry everyone about the info I didn't know that it wasn't an approite thing to write on here. Now what I know what is approite I won't do it again
  • It would be appropriate once you've gotten to know us better and once we've gotten to know you, but in an intro it was a bit strange. You should change your username to help us get to know and recognize you.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What other posters are more eloquently saying is I don't think we all needed to know the history of you and your FI sex life and how that came about on your first post. Congratulations on the engagement, I agree with other PPs, change your name so we can recognize you when you participate in the boards and welcome to TK. 
  • I hope you tell all of this to like, your manicurist or the checkout person at the grocery store too.  
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards