Chit Chat

Hashtag Help!

Hi All, 

We are getting married in July and i want to come up with a cute/pun type hashtag.  We are having a big Irish wedding (complete with kilts, bagpipes, lucky pennies etc) and my fiance's last name is Castle and we happen to be getting married in a castle as well.  I would love to come up with something creative that goes with the theme of the wedding but i am at a loss.  (Oh and all of the simple ones like #castlewedding and #thecastlewedding etc are taken) Any ideas?? 

Re: Hashtag Help!

• make it simple with your names.   Maybe add castle if you really want.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • If you are doing a hashtag, just stick with your names or something simple and easy to spell. A lot of people put way more time/effort into it than necessary. I have been to many weddings where couples have a hashtag, but then no one (or very few people) actually uses it . Id' stick with #[Yourmaidenname]CastleWedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why does it have to be cute and punny?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    AddieCake said:
    Why does it have to be cute and punny?
    I've been to wedding with hashtags.  They were barely used.

Good idea in theory.   So not worth any real time, or in some cases stress to come up with one. Let alone a cute one.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • #castlewedding2016  #mrmrscastle

• #Lowerthedrawbridgeforthecastlewedding
  • #TheCastlesAtTheCastle  I'm usually better at these. I kinda wish your last name was knight and you were getting married at the castle lol
  • I don't know what you mean by "they've already been used". It's a hashtag not a website. That's like saying words are already used.

If everyone uses it at your wedding, for a few days every time you look it up it'll be flooded with your wedding pictures. Download them and it's over. 

#richardwedding (you know, Richard Castle? bonus points if your FI isn't named Richard)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards