Hawaii

Maui November wedding VENDOR REVIEWS

Venue: Olowalu Plantation House 
AMAZING! They made some changes - added pavers to part of the grass which expands the area of the dance floor, leaving room for tables and reception without compromising the dance floor area. It's beautiful! 

Coordinator:
Jenna - Maui Wedding Coordinators
Jenna was awesome. Planning this wedding from Alaska was a task for sure, and she kept everything organized. She didn't push specific vendors on us, which was HUGE for me. I wanted to pick most of my vendors and do my own research without someone telling me no, and that wasn't a problem with Jenna. I highly recommend her, everything was perfect for our special day.

Catering:
Food for the Soul
Words cannot describe how amazed I was with them!!!! AMAZING!!!! If your planner doesn't work with them, you need to find a new planner. We didn't do any taste testings before, and the food was to die for! Tina and Susanne were the sweetest to work with, and they paid attention and made note of all the decor styles I was going for, and everything surpassed what I had imagined. They set up all the tables and chairs, linens, everything. We chose to do a buffet with 2 entrees - prime rib and mahi mahi, absolutely delicious!!! They also do full service wedding coordinating - I didn't use them for that but with the way they worked with me, I'm absolutely sure they would be awesome for that as well.

Bar Service:
Garnish Cocktail Catering
LOVE! Everything about these wonderful people. They have a gorgeous variety of bar styles, I went with the vintage and was completely obsessed. They give you an estimated list for Costco to purchase the liquor, and the prices we're good.  Steph is the sweetest, all her employees paid extra attention to all of our guests making sure no one in our group had an empty glass. HIGHLY recommend them to anyone and everyone, you will not be disappointed. 

Photographer:
Adam A Palmer 
He's based in Oahu, and we found his website online and picked him based on the portfolios posted. He travels within Hawaii and was extremely reasonable in pricing.
His bubbly personality made it easy and fun for everyone around, and the pictures were outstanding! We got all our pictures in 2 weeks which was super exciting, and you have access to all of them through an online system, super easy to access for everyone.

Cake:
Cake Fanatics Maui
I found Emma on instagram, and she had made a cake extremely similar to the one I was interested in. I'm not a huge cake fan, but this was SO GOOD!! We went with a white chocolate and raspberry filling - YUM! Everyone was talking and still is about how delish it was :) 

Floral:
We had super simple centerpieces - opted for stems of light pink roses and bunches of baby's breath - we ordered through Maui Floral who sends our order to Costco, and we pick them up through Costco. Super easy process, awesome Costco pricing and the flowers were in great condition. We picked them up the night before, and arranged the centerpieces and just put them in the fridge. Perfect! Maui floral also did my bridesmaid bouquets, simple 3 stems light pink roses and baby's breath - they were so adorable and lasted all night without withering. I booked my bouquet through my coordinator, so I don't have the name of that company but I sent them a picture I found on pinterest, and they duplicated it exactly as the picture. I originally wanted Peonies, but in November I was told they're hard to come by. Morning of the wedding, I needed a couple more pink stems of roses - so I walked into Napili Florists, and guess what!? 9 PINK PEONIES! She said they do special orders, so if someone tells you no to peonies when they're not in season, give these guys a call! They were 9$ a stem which was a bit hefty, but they completely made my day special adding stems here and there. 

DJ:
DJ Feliz -
Booked through our coordinator, but wasn't disappointed with him! Good music selection, good ability to read the crowds and play music perfect for specific times. I never realized how hard it was to pick music for each event, and he knew exactly what to play and when. 

It's possible I forgot someone or something, but these guys will forever left an impression on us, and couldn't have had the most beautiful day without them!

Re: Maui November wedding VENDOR REVIEWS

• To update the rental company I didn't know the name of -
    PARADISE EVENT RENTALS they are sooooo awesome, everything was beautiful. They were able to get us a bigger tent last minute, and everything was so easy! Highly recommend! 
  • edited January 2016
    Thank you so much for your review! My wedding is in March of 2017, and I have followed your advice since first looking at olowalu and have now put a hold on it, using Food for the Soul catering with Tina doing the wedding coordination too! Right now I'm in between using Garnish or Food for the Soul- I was advised that Garnish Cocktails might not have a fully stocked bar- i.e. they make the cocktails on the menu plus wine and beer and that's it. Was that your experience? Also, did you use a live musician at all for your ceremony/cocktail hour? Finally (lol) did you order leis through Costco too for your florals? I love flowers but want to be as cost effective as I can.

Thanks in advance- your wedding sounds amazing and I'm so happy to have your review to help me with my planning!

Aloha! :)
  • Hi :) 
    I'm happy my reviews have helped you out! It's not easy planning stuff from so far away. Garnish stocks whatever you provide - We did 2 signature drinks, and then we also had mixed cocktails, whatever people wanted. Our signature drinks were one with gin, and one with vodka. But if people wanted a vodka cranberry for instance, they have that stuff available to make whatever types of drinks requested. We purchased all our liquor from Costco - and chose what we thought our guests might want to drink. For floral, we didn't do any lei's. To give you an idea on pricing for floral, we have light pink stem roses and they cost about 12$ for a dozen. We didn't have a live musician - we just went with the DJ for both and everything worked out. If you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards