Students

School breaks = wedding time, school time = wedding breaks!

Any other student brides-to-be out there indulging in wedding fever during what remains of Winter Break? I swear, it's like when classes are going I am the most disinterested bride-to-be, and then when breaks happen, a switch flips and I feel like I'm in a manic world of flowers, laces, and phone calls with vendors.

Good news is I think everything is coming along well so far! Just curious if other student brides experience the same ebb and flow of planning. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: School breaks = wedding time, school time = wedding breaks!

• I'm no longer a student, but I teach as an adjunct instructor. We're going back to school next week, and I have done next to nothing other than creating my syllabus, all due to wedding planning. Luckily, I've taught this class before, so I have most of my materials together, but I just haven't focused on my prep work the way I should have. We have to have a long engagement because I work full-time and teach part-time (which feels like full-time sometimes!!). Starting next week, I'll only be doing wedding stuff here and there until early May. :neutral: 
  • @AisforA, good luck! I was a graduate instructor during my masters program (that was in humanities, now I'm in law school), and a high school teacher for the past few years, and I well remember how "breaks" are not so much "breaks" for teachers as they are for students! You can do it, though! When is your wedding?

• edited January 2016
    I completely relate! @tigerlily6, our wedding dates are close, so we're probably in the same realm of planning. I find that I'm doing things way in advance just to get them done so I can focus during the semester.

I swear, I think I made my 'day-of emergency kit', booked my limo and rehearsal rentals, and wrote out my envelopes over the course of my first week off. Student brides don't play around.

(ETA words that make sense.)
  • @tigerlily6 Our wedding isn't until May 19, 2017, so I still have plenty of time. But considering the three semesters between now and then, it's really only summer break and next winter break! Good luck with your planning before you go back!
  • @100yroldblinddog super duper random but, where did you get your tracking signature??  <3

@tigerlily6 I'm a recent graduate (Dec 2015) from my undergrad University!  The wedding isn't until Dec 2017, but we try to do as much now because of financial stuff and we'll both be in grad school at that time. Best of luck!
  • @collegechic, congrats on your recent graduation and good luck both with wedding planning and starting graduate school! What degree are you going for? 

Also, as far as getting a timeline ticker, you can find one several places, including the Knot (you can just internet search for "The Knot wedding ticker" and it should come up). How to get one added as a signature is explained in the Tech Help message board here.

• @collegechic, congrats on your recent graduation and good luck both with wedding planning and starting graduate school! What degree are you going for? 

Also, as far as getting a timeline ticker, you can find one several places, including the Knot (you can just internet search for "The Knot wedding ticker" and it should come up). How to get one added as a signature is explained in the Tech Help message board here.
    Thanks @tigerlily6 !  I'll ironically be going into a Master's for Marriage and Family Therapy lolz. :D  The running joke is that my degree will have me ready for marriage, but this was a degree I wanted before that!

Awesome!  Thanks so much!

Thanks @tigerlily6 !  I'll ironically be going into a Master's for Marriage and Family Therapy lolz. :D  The running joke is that my degree will have me ready for marriage, but this was a degree I wanted before that!

Awesome!  Thanks so much!
    Sorry I'm late to the chat! I'm glad @tigerlily6 was able to help you out. I got mine here on TK.
  • This is my last semester and I plan on doing little to no wedding planning during this time. We have our venue and DJ booked. We found a photographer we both like and are communicating with her right now; but other than that, we're waiting until May (which will be 1 year out from our wedding date) to take care of everything else. We have ideas of what we would like, but we're not stressing much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards